In an ever-evolving technological world, it’s essential that the product you buy incorporates advanced technology. The Zebra ZT421-RFID printer features innovative and futuristic designs like the Zebra Print DNA and RFID capabilities. This aims to enhance its performance and meet the growing workspace demands. Its metallic build and bi-fold door construction improve its durability and make it a quality choice for small spaces.
Are you looking for advice on buying a printer that has RFID capabilities? Fill out our contact form to start talking to a tech expert.
- Operation System and Programs
- How to Purchase the Zebra ZT421-RFID Printer
- Printer Review
- Accessories and Add-ons
If you’re looking for a smart labeling solution to help you encode UHF RFID tags, the ZT421-RFID printer is an excellent choice. Using it guarantees precision and efficiency through its reliable scanner and backup ID feature. Its colorful 4.3-inch LCD provides a more intuitive user experience and quick status recognition. It also supports high-volume printing. With an exceptional print width of 6 inches and print speeds of up to 12 inches per second, this machine is a worthy contender for the top spot regarding the best RFID printers in the market today.
|Dimensions||19.5 x 13.25 x 12.75 inches|
|Print methods||Thermal transfer and Direct thermal printing|
|Maximum print width||6.6 inches|
|Maximum print speed||12 inches|
|Print resolution||203 and 300 dpi|
|Power source||Auto-detectable (PFC Compliant) 100 – 240 VAC, 50 – 60 Hz, rated at 100 Watts|
|Operating frequency||Global (865- 928 MHz)|
|Data interface||USB 2.0, RS-232,10/100 Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.1, Dual USB Host|
|Operating system||Link-OS System|
The average price for the Zebra ZT421-RFID printer ranges between $ 3,500 and $5,000. This wide margin is thanks to the product’s diverse customizability options, which allow you to select the most essential components and features for your work. If you require additional accessories for the printer, the cost will increase and vice versa. Your point of purchase also determines the product’s pricing. Purchasing the printer from a wholesaler guarantees you lower prices than a retailer due to the economies of scale.
Because of this wide price variation, it’s essential that you speak to an EE expert directly to get an accurate quote for the Zebra ZT421-RFID printer. You can explain the features your machine needs to have, and any add-ons you may require, and a cumulative charge will be provided. Experts can also advise on device compatibility to ensure you enjoy value for your money. This consultation is vital for helping you budget accordingly for the product.
Pros and Cons
Several features make the ZT421-RFID printer stand out from its counterparts. Its top selling points are its metallic build and bi-fold door design. This ensures that the device can withstand extreme environments and makes it a great addition to limited spaces. Its innovative and adaptive encoding technology offers excellent media flexibility and RFID calibration. The printer also features versatile connectivity options that guarantee high performance. Buyers also enjoy a two-year warranty against manufactural defects. This applies from the day of shipping. If you’re looking for a device that is easy to manage and operate, this printer is a great fit thanks to the intuitive 4.3-inch colorful display.
However, like every other machine, this printer has some downsides. Built to withstand heavy use, this product’s high cost can dent the buyer’s pocket. Yet, it’s a worthy investment and guarantees value if used efficiently. While it’s designed for high-volume printing, this machine requires downtime and shouldn’t print around the clock. Its engine isn’t designed to support extended operations, and overtaxing it may reduce its life span.
Display, Cameras, and Scanners
The Zebra ZT421-RFID is a smart solution primarily designed to help you encode UHF RFID tags. As a result, there is no need for a camera or scanner. Users looking to get a printer with these add-ons may need to look for alternative options. But, if you’re not ready to settle on other printers, you can buy the accessories. Luckily, these purchases can be customized, and you can buy an RFID scanner with the camera. Be aware that this purchase can cost you a few thousand dollars.
Meanwhile, the printer’s 4.3-inch display is fantastic. Its intuitive menu enhances easy interface operations, making it easy to control and manage settings. Users can easily observe the printer’s status during operations to ensure everything runs smoothly. This is thanks to the color-coded alerts the printer utilizes to help you quickly notice any error alerts so you can respond promptly.
Operation System and Programs
As is typical for all Zebra printers, the Zebra ZT421-RFID printer utilizes the high-powered and dynamic Link-OS operating system. This innovative technology allows users to seamlessly integrate, connect, and control these devices remotely. This OS supports the Zebra Print DNA suite of software applications, ensuring every user enjoys a great experience. If you’re looking for a printer that you can seamlessly operate without hassle, this device is an excellent choice. The Link-OS system promises adaptability, efficiency, and performance that ensures your printer can meet your industrial demand now and in the future.
The Zebra ZT421-RFID printer also incorporates the Zebra OneCare support program. This package aims to offer and deliver comprehensive coverage for your device. Setting the bar for excellent customer experience, this program protects users against accidental damage and wear and tear. It also grants buyers technical support during business hours, free access to software updates, and a three-day repair turnaround period.
How to Purchase the Zebra ZT421-RFID Printer
This superb printer model from Zebra’s innovative and durable ZT400 series comes in three print resolutions and two print widths. As a result, it’s best that buyers consult an expert such as Energy Electronics, a certified reseller, to help them make the right decision. Professionals can take you through the features and strengths of each device and help you select the device that will match your needs and preferences.
Market and Applications
Most individuals and businesses looking to buy printers wonder whether the ZT421 is a smart buy. The section below will highlight the various industrial applications and markets where this device is handy:
- Manufacturing: RFID tags are essential in ensuring effective asset and inventory security. Many organizations suffer huge losses as they can’t adequately track their resources. With the help of Zebra RFID-Printers, companies can receive alerts whenever their goods move from one location to another and can quickly identify an error. This provides security to their inventory and assets. The RFID technology that the printer employs is an excellent data collection tool that helps manufacturers implement more informed business strategies.
- Transportation: Industrial printers are used to design labels and stickers used in toll collection across several nations. This has helped make the process more efficient while avoiding the menacing traffic issue. RFID-enabled tickets and luggage tags are also used in airports to avoid congestion while still maintaining security.
- Retail: RFID printers are used by retailers to create tags where product details such as model number and prices are embossed. This improves the overall customer shopping experience and helps sellers to find products quickly for personalized discounts and offers.
- Asset tracking: This printer helps organizations to create RFID tags for their products. They can then use RFID readers to track the asset’s movement during transit. This allows businesses to avoid under and over-stocking items and, as a result, maximize efficiency and quality control.
- Healthcare: RFID tags are a common sight in hospitals today. This printer encodes information onto items like patient badges and medical assets to help keep track of their location. It also helps healthcare facilities to manage high-priority events better. This helps to lessen labor-intensive tasks.
- Security: These printers help organizations to create security access cards for their staff. This is essential in keeping employees safe and preventing unauthorized access to company facilities.
- Equipment rentals: Businesses that offer rental equipment services to clients utilize RFID labels to avoid and minimize the chances of theft and loss. RFID tags are attached to the item allowing the organizations to scan and track its movement throughout the rental period. This gives businesses a sense of control regarding device accessibility and usage. The same applies when tracking shipment containers in transit.
Zebra ZT421-RFID Printer Review
Most true and unbiased product reflections can be obtained from buyers who have already purchased the item and tried it out. This section explores more unique features of the device beyond its general specifications.
Exceptional User-Friendly Interface
If you want to enjoy a vibrant and simple interface, the Zebra ZT421 RFID printer is a great fit. This display is intuitive and icon-based to support easy user operations. The additional adoption of this LCD touch display does a great job in replacing the back-lit screens and controls of the ZT400 predecessor models.
The Print DNA
The Zebra ZT421 offers those who use it an in-built advantage to keep operations hassle-free. The Print DNA provides enhanced capabilities on different features to ensure that the device achieves optimal performance. The tools and applications offered by this technology help enhance remote management and improve security. This ensures that your printer can meet your evolving business demands throughout its performance cycle.
Multiple and Versatile Connectivity Options
This printer’s versatility helps to meet your ever-evolving needs. While the older versions only feature the Ethernet, Serial, USB, dual USB host, and Bluetooth 4.1. But with the Zebra ZT421, users enjoy an additional dual-band wireless card, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth. This ensures that you enjoy fast, efficient, and reliable wireless connections.
The Rewind Option
Are you looking for ways to print labels in batches for your product packaging? The ZT421 offers you this option. This packaging solution protects your products not only from physical damage but also from contaminants, unwanted odors, and mineral oils. The feature can also act as a dispenser for your unit.
Enhanced Media and Ribbon Loading
The printer side-loading supply paths are designed to make operations easy, quick, and intuitive. The available color-coded media outline guides users on the appropriate way to thread media and the ribbon through the printer. The device’s lighted paths make it easy to view and run operations even in low-light conditions.
Power and Batteries
Unlike most traditional printers, this device doesn’t require batteries to operate. The Zebra ZT421-RFID printer utilizes an auto-detectable PFC-compliant power supply instead. This system requires a 50/60 power input for 100-240 V AC. It’s essential to install the printer at a close location to the power outlet. Hiring an expert to do this job is a smart choice if you are inexperienced with electrical issues.
Accessories and Add-ons
It’s possible for users to connect and utilize additional accessories to enhance the printer’s performance. But, you’ll have to purchase them separately. Below are some of the compatible devices that you can add to our Zebra ZT421-RFID printer:
- Zebra USB cables: The G105850-007 USB interface cable is handy in the clutch when you need to connect your PC to the device to print information.
- Printhead: Zebra P1058930-012 is an essential add-on accessory that helps you transfer a specific image to the selected print media.
- Platen roller: This accessory carries the model number P1058930-081 and is an excellent choice for users who want to produce perfect label printout labels.
- Upgrade kit: A cutter upgrade kit is essential in helping you separate a label material from the printer. The model identification number for this accessory is P1058930-190.
- Zebra regional power supplies: If the electrical standards within your location aren’t compatible with your printer, you’ll need this accessory to support the printer’s smooth functioning.
- Media sensor kits: These accessories help you to produce crisp, printed tags without having to constantly monitor the ribbon’s position.
- Serial port adapters: Helps users to connect the printer to their PC when the ports aren’t compatible.
Talk to an Expert
The Zebra ZT421 may seem to be a great fit for your business needs and requirements at the moment, but it’s always best that you first speak to the seasoned experts at Energy Electronics to find out more about the product’s specifications and get answers to any queries you might have. Our team will respond within one business hour.