There are many rugged mobile computers out there, but the Zebra TC58 might be your best choice. It has an industry-leading display to help boost productivity and sturdy construction to survive accidents. Let’s take an in-depth look at this high-quality device with our Zebra TC58 review.
Do you have specific questions about the Zebra TC58? Fill out the form below to talk to an expert. We will respond within 1 business hour.
- Pros and Cons
- Operating System and Programs
- How to Purchase
- Markets and Applications
- Zebra TC58 Reviews
We rank the Zebra TC58 10/10 because it offers a first-class combination of robustness, elegance, and high-speed performance.
|Display||6-inch full-HD LED 1080×2160600 nits|
|Weight||10.3 ounces with a standard battery|
|Dimensions||6.48 x 3.04 x 0.66 inches with a standard battery|
|Battery||4,400mAh (standard)6,600mAh (extended)|
|CPU||Octa-core 2.7GHz Qualcomm 6490|
|RAM||4GB (standard)8GB (extended)|
|Flash Memory||64GB (standard)128GB (extended)|
|Camera||16MP (rear)8MP (front)|
|Scanning||SE55 1D/2D scannerSE4720 1D/2D scanner|
|Network Connections||WWAN 5G|
The Zebra TC58 generally goes for $1,300-$1,700. You can find cheaper and high-end models since the device supports different configurations. The more features you decide to incorporate into your gadget, the higher the price. Therefore, consider consulting Energy Electronics to make the right purchase. We’ll give you an exact quote based on the requested specifications.
Pros and Cons
You’ll hardly find any fault with the Zebra TC58. Every part of the device is designed to serve you great for many years, and it’s easy to see why when you take a look at this mobile computer.
Whether you have frontline, warehousing, or manufacturing needs, this is the right device for you. The gadget can endure some of the most adverse situations you face in your daily operations.
For instance, the manufacturer has tested the product in five-foot drops directly onto concrete. It comes out unscathed every time, outperforming some of its predecessors.
Another impressive feature from the durability standpoint is the ability to survive extreme temperature changes. You can use the device effectively in conditions ranging from -4 to more than 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
You’ll also enjoy the CPU of this mobile computer, which is much more advanced than anything you might have grown used to in standard mobile computers.
Complementing the phenomenal processor is ample RAM. You can get this model in two options – the 4GB and 8GB versions. The 4GB gadget is ideal for standard operations and light multitasking, whereas the 8GB version can handle pretty much anything.
Flash memory is another strong suit. Again, two versions are available – 64GB and 128 GB. The former has less storage, but it’s more affordable. On the other hand, the latter is slightly more expensive, but it provides enough space to store all critical files.
Voice communication is admirable too. Chances are, you’ll mostly use your device for voice talk in loud areas, which is why you need a gadget that lets you overcome noisy environments. That’s exactly what the TC58 provides.
As for the downsides of the Zebra TC58, you won’t find many. Both the hardware and software are extraordinary, supporting your most demanding operations.
Display, Cameras, and Scanners
Zebra doesn’t take a chance with low-quality displays. They consistently deliver optimized screens, and they’ve done the same with the TC58.
This 6-inch model gives you some of the highest resolution and brightest performance on the market. You can easily use the device in indoor and outdoor conditions due to its adjustable brightness.
There are even multiple ways to input your information. Whether you use bare fingers, gloves, or a stylus, you’ll enjoy extraordinary responsiveness and accuracy.
Best of all, the display works like a charm in wet conditions. Hence, there’s no need to reach for microfiber cloths or towels in the middle of your operation and waste precious minutes.
Another top-end feature of the display is the Corning Gorilla Glass. This scratch-resistant, ultra-durable product shields the screen of your Zebra TC58 to make you more confident at considerable heights.
Finally, the touch panel has several technologies to ensure your gadget looks great for many years to come. There’s an anti-smudge, fingerprint-resistant coating to keep impurities from compromising your display.
Regarding the camera, the TC58 offers a premier solution. The rear camera has 16MP and several cutting-edge features. Apart from HDR, you also get a convenient torch mode. This mode turns on your flash when needed, even before you take a photo.
Lastly, Zebra’s Simulscan technology makes your scanning more manageable in many ways:
- Capture multiple items simultaneously – You can scan dozens of barcodes simultaneously within seconds. This is because the TC58 features advanced mix-and-match criteria to select the correct barcodes every time.
- Scan structured documents – If you want to scan a structured document, you can do so with the TC58. You can even capture signatures, phone numbers, and other vital information.
- Automated image capture – Whether you want to scan entire or partial documents, the TC58 won’t let you down.
Operating System and Programs
Zebra is known for gadgets with exceptional software and built-in programs. The TC58 is no exception. You get an Android-based device you can upgrade to the latest operating systems and reap the benefits of many security and interface enhancements.
- Zebra Dimensioning Mobile Parcel –This groundbreaking solution relies on a built-in sensor to gather precise legal-for-trade parcel dimensions within seconds.
- Workstation cradle compatibility – Handheld use is perfectly fine, but you might get even more value out of your TC58 from your workstation cradle. There are several add-ons here like monitors, printers, mice, and keyboards.
- Point-of-Sale cradle functionality – You can seamlessly blend the TC58 into your POS cradle by connecting it to practically any gadget. The list includes payment terminals, receipt printers, large displays, and separate scanners.
- Scanning accessories – The TC58 comes with various scanning options, each of which can be managed via Bluetooth and other technologies.
- Two-way radio functionality – You can turn the TC58 into a state-of-the-art radio with a single press of a button.
- Device Tracker – How many times have you lost precious hours because you couldn’t find a misplaced device? That will no longer be the case with the TC58.
- Enterprise Mobility Management Tool Kit – If you want to streamline your apps, the Enterprise Mobility Management Tool Kit is the answer. It enables you to streamline your TC58’s capabilities by building feature-packed applications.
- Zebra Zero Touch – Many mobile computers require in-depth modifications during deployment, but that’s not the case with the Zebra TC58. The device is ready to go out of the box, eliminating the hassle associated with long setups.
- LifeGuard and Enterprise Home Screen – LifeGuard for Android delivers next-level security, whereas Enterprise Home Screen allows you to block certain device features and apps to patch up safety risks.
- Various productivity tools – The TC58 is shipped with numerous productivity tools to skyrocket your efficiency. For example, you can manage your Bluetooth accessories using Device Central.
Besides the high-end OS and integrated programs, the TC58 has several sensors to provide mission-critical information and enable key features:
- Magnetometer – This is an eCompass that detects orientation and direction (it might not be available in the base model).
- Motion sensor – Featuring an optimized MEMS Gyro, the TC58 detects your motions with a 3-axis accelerometer.
- Light sensor – You can adjust the backlight brightness of your display using the built-in light sensor.
- Proximity sensor – The device disables touch input and display output when placed against your head during calls.
- Pressure sensor – You get accurate altitude data for easier locating.
How to Purchase
The easiest way to purchase the Zebra TC58 with the right configuration for your organization is to consult Energy Electronics. We can tell you what your device should have to meet your needs without putting too much pressure on your budget.
Markets and Applications
Professionals from many industries and environments can benefit from the Zebra TC58:
- Transportation and logistics
- Warehousing and manufacturing
- Field service
Zebra TC58 Reviews
Here’s what customers say about the TC58:
“The device is powerful and easy to use. I use it almost every day in my facility to scan barcodes and stay in touch with my field workers. There’s no reason to switch to a different model.”
“I’ve gotten a lot of value out of the TC58. It’s super-durable and fast enough for some of the most intense operations.”
“My team couldn’t be happier with the TC58. We use it in all business stages, from production to shipping. So far, we haven’t had any problems with the device.”
Power and Batteries
You can choose from two battery options. The standard model gives you 4,400mAh, whereas the extended version boasts 6,600mAh. Both units work great, but the extended battery is especially useful for extended shifts.
Accessories and Add-ons
If you want to pair your ET40 with accessories, Energy Electronics can recommend appropriate solutions. Here are some of the available add-ons:
- Charging cradle – It lets you charge your device anywhere.
- Ethernet cradle – Turn your ET40 into an Ethernet workstation.
- Trigger handle – Perform demanding scanning tasks easily.
- RFID adapter – Transfer data through radio frequencies.
- Rugged boots – Increase impact protection in a sleek package.
Talk to an Expert
If you want to get your hands on the Zebra TC58, reach out to Energy Electronics today. We offer experience-based advice on selecting the proper configuration and deploying your device correctly. Our customer service responds within 1 business hour, so don’t hesitate to call us or send us an email.