Finding a reliable scanner and mobile computer for your warehouse and storage needs is essential. Dragging around a robust device can get in the way of efficiency and productivity. Hence, portable computers aren’t the best option for this task, even though there are light models. But what does offer a good handle and ease of access and management is the Zebra MC3390xR RFID scanner. It fits perfectly into your hand and allows you to do your job without encountering obstacles. Read on to learn more about this Zebra scanner and why it could be the ideal choice for you.
- Product Ranking
- Product Specifications
- Pros and Cons
- Operating Systems and Programs
- Accessories and Addons
- Display, Cameras, and Scanners
Do you want a rugged tablet that would help your business operations? You can fill out the form below to talk to a tech expert.
There are many reasons why this product deserves the 9.5/10 ranking. It surpasses other devices from the MC3300R family with larger capacity, greater distance coverage, reading speed, and versatility. The reading accuracy is increased by up to 40%, while the rate is 25% faster than in other models.
|6.45 in. L x 3.78 in. W x 10.67 in. D164 mm L x 96 mm W x 271 mm D
|MC3390xR with SE4770: 26.2 oz./743 gMC3390xR with SE4850: 27.1 oz./769 g
|4-inch (800 x 480) WVGA; color displayCorning Gorilla Glass touch panel with an air gap
|4 GB/32 GB Flash
|Class 2, Bluetooth v5.0 with BR/EDR and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Support
|Rechargeable Li-Ion, 3.6V, 7000mAh PowerPrecision+ battery
|Upgradeable to Android 14
|-4° F to 122° F/-20° C to 50° C
|Multiple 5 ft./1.5 m drops to concrete over the entire operating temperature range
Now that you’ve seen what the Zebra MC3390xR RFID scanner is capable of, you’re probably wondering how much it costs. However, this is determined by various factors, including the accessories, where you buy the scanner, upgrades, etc.
The price for the Zebra MC3390xE RFID scanner ranges from $2,500 to $4,000. For the exact cost of a model you want to buy, contact our experts at Energy Electronics.
Our sales representatives can give you an insight into which accessories and devices you need in a particular work environment, like a warehouse, the healthcare industry, or for governmental purposes. Furthermore, if you choose to buy multiple scanners, you should discuss the different options with our expert team for each bulk purchase you intend to make.
Pros and Cons
Zebra continues to make quality products designed to fulfill every task with extraordinary results. Each model from the M3300 RFID Series, including the Zebra MC3390xR RFID scanner, has the best-performing tools.
One of the advantages of MC3390xR and its family members is the light weight. This convenient and easy-to-use device can be managed without any hassle. Depending on the situation, you can take it on and off in seconds and put it in your pocket. It’s adjustable, making it a suitable option for both left- and right-handed workers.
It’s equipped with flexible development tools that support EMDK and SDK. EMDK provides access to all Android application capabilities of your MC3390xR scanner, providing a simplified application design. Whereas the SDK programming lets you use applications developed for different Zebra readers. This simplifies the process. If you’re using more than one model of Zebra handheld device, you don’t have to rewrite apps but simply use one software kit, and one SDK, for multiple scanners.
Another advantage of the Zebra 3390xR RFID scanner is its read range and speed. It provides one of the fastest read rates with more than 900 tags per second, while you can scan barcodes from 60ft or 18 meters distance.
The only downside for the Zebra scanner is the drop protection. You can drop the device from 1.5 meters, but for any elevated position, such as standing on a ladder, pallet, or platform, you should be careful not to drop and damage it.
Display, Cameras, and Scanner
The Zebra MC3390xR RFID scanner carries a 4-inch display suitable for easy data entry. The Corning Gorilla Glass touch panel can be used with gloves or fingers, supporting dual input modes and increasing the versatility of data entry. Apart from the touchscreen, the scanner comes with a keypad. This increases the flexibility of the MC3390xR scanner and allows you to choose in which way you want to input information and use the scanner by touching the screen or using the button on the keypad. The keypad also offers multiple options: alphanumeric, numeric, and functional numeric.
These types of barcode scanners rarely have built-in cameras, which is understandable considering they aren’t supposed to be used for photographic purposes. But as far as your scanner needs are concerned, this Zebra device has this option. Its frequency rate is 865-928MHz, which is a decent specification. Plus, it comes with classic standards supported and can handle major RFID tags such as EPC Class 1 Gen2, EPC Gen2 V2, and ISO-18000-63.
Operation System and Programs
When you start using the Zebra MC3390xR RFID scanner, you’ll notice the operating system on this device is Android 10. This is a convenient option, considering most people know how to use Android, and no special training will be needed. However, you might need one for Android 14 since this device’s OS is upgradable. Android 14 provides the latest updates, changes, and improvements the older versions lack.
The Zebra MC3390xR device is equipped with Mobility DNA, a solution that helps you add value and improve the functionality of your mobile devices. It allows easier management of mobile apps and is compatible with Android. This feature lets you implement additional programs that can customize your portable computer phone.
Here are some of the programs you can add:
- Data Wedge
- Device Tracker
- Wireless Analyzer
- Bluetooth Manager
- EMDK for Xamarin
- Enterprise Keyboard
How to Purchase Zebra MC3390xR Scanner
Purchasing this device may seem straightforward, considering you’re now familiar with its many features, advantages, and disadvantages. That said, one problem still needs to be solved. The Zebra MC3390xR scanner comes with two scan engines. You can choose from a mid-range option that can scan barcodes from a 3-inch/7.62 cm distance or a long, extended range allowing you to capture tags at a distance of 70 feet/21.4 m.
Similarly, there might be even more unknown and tricky features regarding the Zebra MC3390xR device. For this reason, it’s advisable to contact our expert team at Energy Electronics, who can help you with the selection process and offer you advice. This way, you’ll have a quality device and all the additional accessories you might need.
Markets and Applications
Let’s look at possible places, industries, and markets where the Zebra MC3390xR RFID scanner can be used:
- Supply Chain or Transportation and Logistics – A barcode scanner can be used in this field, as it provides a straightforward and effective way of keeping track of shipments and items and tracking their location during transportation.
- Warehousing – Scanner usage in warehouses and storages is multiple, from location tracking, inventory counting, and shrink control to automatic replenishments and order fulfilments. Tracking items with RFID technology is performed faster than any other method.
- Manufacturing – Tracking work-in-progress (WIP) products and assets and keeping track of finished good inventory is necessary for manufacturers, which is one of Zebra scanners’ services.
- Healthcare – Another industry that can benefit from barcode scanners is healthcare. Some of the uses the Zebra MC3390xR RFID scanner provides are printing out information about patients for easier recognition, tracking their recovery, and monitoring schedules.
- Hospitality – Since barcode scanners excel at keeping track of inventory, they can also be helpful in hotels. Tracking guests and hotel inventory such as towels, soaps, shampoos, check-ins, and thefts is easier with Zebra scanners.
Zebra MC3390xR RFID Scanner Review
Let’s take a deeper look at all the features and services the Zebra MC3390xR provides.
Speed and Accuracy
RFID technology allows for faster and more accurate tag scanning and readings. In this regard, the Zebra MC3390xR surpassed all previous models regarding the speed and accuracy of operations. This model has a long-range antenna integrated into the device, allowing the user to scan barcodes while standing at a distance of 60 feet. Read rate made this device one of the top choices for industries needing barcode and tag scanning, with more than 900 tags per second.
A Convenient Choice
Apart from being a lightweight device and easy to handle for any worker, the Zebra MC3390xR is a convenient choice for another reason. Namely, the addition of LED lights. These lights allow you to see when you’ve completed a particular task in a noisy or dark environment and provide more visibility from both sides of the scanner.
The integrated NFC allows you to pair this Zebra device with other scanners, printers, and Bluetooth headsets from the Zebra family. The NFC also provides more accessible and straightforward authentication with just one tap. Employees only need to tap their ID badge to log in and use the device.
Power and Batteries
The standard battery that comes with every Zebra MC3390xR device is a rechargeable Li-Ion, 3.6V, 7000mAh battery. This is more than enough power for continuously operating on this device.
The Power Precision integrated feature allows you to charge the battery in under five hours, decreasing the interruption rate while working and quickly removing and changing the battery. You also get two extended 5200mAh batteries which can be switched with the main one using the hot swap feature that’s all part of the Zebra MC3390xR RFID scanner functionality.
Accessories and Addons
Even though the Zebra MC3390xR RFID scanner is a powerful device without any addons or accessories, these additions can improve its functioning and simplify managing the scanner at the workplace. However, it’s worth mentioning that just because a scanner has compatible accessories doesn’t mean they are necessary for each industry and workplace.
Before purchasing any additional device to complement the Zebra scanner, contact our Energy Electronics expert team for advice. This way, you can choose the accessory that perfectly fits your business needs.
Here are some accessories and add-ons available for the Zebra MC3390xR scanner:
- Cradles – This accessory allows you to charge the device and a spare battery if it’s a one-slot cradle. With a USB cable, communication to the device is possible. Another cradle option is the multi-shot cradle. You have the possibility to choose a 4-slot cradle with a battery charger or a 4-slot Ethernet cradle. The same goes for 5-slot cradles (5-slot with battery charger and 5-slot Ethernet option). You can purchase additional accessories such as an AC/DC power supply, DC line cord, AC line cord, and mounting bracket to empower your cradles.
- Spare Batteries – Carrying spare batteries is helpful in a challenging work environment where your scanner needs to work without interruptions. If this is the case, a couple of 5200mAh batteries will do the trick.
- Battery Chargers – Alongside your spare batteries, extra battery chargers are an accessory that complements them. Depending on your needs, you can opt for a 4-slot charger or a 20-slot charger.
- Holsters – Holsters are a handy accessory that allows you to wear your scanner on your hip or cross-body, provided you have a shoulder strap and a belt for the holster.
- Protective Boots – This accessory protects the gun from damage and wear and tear and allows you to charge the device without taking it off.
- Lanyard – Lanyard has a similar use to holsters and lets you wear the scanner on a strap and belt clip.
Talk to an Expert
To acquire the scanner that fits all of your business needs of scanning barcodes and tags, you should contact the experts at Energy Electronics, who will direct you on the right path. “Should I take a scanner with a long-range scan engine or a mid-range one, and why?” are precisely the type of questions the sales representatives at Energy Electronics can answer.
Contact us if you want to learn more and make a purchase you won’t regret. Better still, our team responds within just one business hour.