If your business operates in a rugged environment, you might need an RFID reader with excellent accuracy, visibility, and superior RF sensitivity. Enter the Zebra FX9600 fixed RFID reader. It’s the best product of its kind and with a favorable price tag to boot. This RFID reader will help you effortlessly automate every aspect of your inventory management. From shipping to picking, or putaway, this reader gives you error-free automation across the board.
Ready to buy the Zebra FX9600 RFID Scanner? Speak to our tech experts for the best market quote! We’ll reply within 1 business hour.
- Operating System and Programs
- How to Purchase
- Zebra FX9600 RFID Reader Review
Challenging materials like liquids or metal pose no threat to the Zebra FX9600 RFID reader. In this respect, it provides the highest throughput of its class. Plus, you can support high traffic throughput by utilizing its best-in-class processor with expanded memory. The Zebra FX9600 can also support Wi-Fi, Bluetooth dongles, and any other Bluetooth-enabled devices without hardwired connections to an access point.
Rating – 9/10
|10.75 in. L x 7.25 in. W x 2.0 in. D27.3 cm L x 18.4 cm W x 5.0 cm D
|Approx. 4.4 lbs/2.13 kg
|Die-cast aluminum, meets IP53 standards
|Texas Instruments AM3505 (600 MHz)
|Flash 512 MB; DRAM 256 MB
|DHCP, HTTPS, FTPS, SFPT, SSH, HTTP, FTP, SNMP and NTP
|Visual Status Indicators
|Multicolor LEDs: Power, Activity, Status and Applications
|Web-based and remote firmware upgrade capabilities
|Transport Layer Security Ver 1.2, FIPS-140
The cost of the Zebra FX9600 varies from $1,000 to $1,800. If you’re on the fence about whether this reader is right for you, get in touch with us for a quote. You can choose between four or eight antenna ports, which factors into the final cost. Chatting with one of our experts will help you decide which option of FX9600 is the best fit.
Pros and Cons
The Zebra FX9600 RFID reader will enhance effective performance due to its high RF sensitivity. With this product, you’ll get low-cost deployment and be able to connect directly to your Wi-Fi services and Bluetooth devices. If you want to use this device in forklifts or other vehicles, you can use the provided rugged mobile mount. The Zebra FX9600 reader is so fast that you can read up to 1,200 tags per second. Aside from a DC power supply, the reader also supports power over ethernet.
However, there is one major downside of this product. You can have an RFID tag that’s globally tuned so only a single tag is used across various world regions. But even if one tag is used, a downside is that in some areas depending on the frequency tuning of your reader and antennas, the tag’s range might be decreased.
For that reason, installing the device in the best possible location is of paramount importance.
More Attributes of the Zebra FX9600 RFID Reader
You can choose from several different connectivity options for the Zebra FX9600 reader, including a USB host, Client (Type A and B), 10//100 BaseT Ethernet (RJ45), and Serial (DB9). This excellent reader can operate using a frequency range of 902 MHz up to 928 MHz, and it also supports countries that use 865 MHz up to 868 MHz.
If you’d like to extend RFID any field further, you can opt for a 4G LTE Modem with GPS. An integrated GPS will provide you with the exact location of where an RFID tag was read, displaying visibility on where and when packages were received or placed. Better still, when you purchase a Zebra FX9600, you’ll receive one year’s warranty.
Operating System and Programs
The Zebra FX9600 RFID reader uses a Linux-based operating system driven by a powerful RFID engine. This allows users to integrate RFID into their applications and business logic efficiently and easily. If you’re looking for an effortless user experience, use the 123 RFID desktop utility, a special no-cost desktop utility for Windows. This is available from the Zebra support site, or you can configure your reader using FX Connect.
With 123 RFID Desktop, the optimization and setup of the Zebra FX9600 is surprisingly simple, and you don’t have to be an expert to deploy it. In the intuitive wizard, you’ll have easy-to-understand choices from a drop-down menu, sliders, and radio buttons. Also, if you have some questions, you can use the tool’s how-to-videos and built-in help feature. The Zebra FX9600 can be upgraded with a USB drive plugged directly into the device. The ideal browsers for upgrading are Mozilla Firefox, Edge, and Chrome.
How to Purchase the Zebra FX9600 RFID Reader
Before deciding on getting a Zebra FX9600 RFID reader, you should talk to experts about your specific needs, the size of your organization, and your budget. This is where Energy Electronics comes in.
We can give you the best advice and let you know if the Zebra FX9600 RFID reader is the right device for you. We’ll talk you through the purchasing process and advise you on installation.
Markets and Applications
The Zebra FX9600 RFID reader comes with a wealth of benefits and uses. Here are a few markets and applications in which this reader will excel:
- Inventory Control – The Zebra FX9600 RFID reader can keep track of incoming and outgoing inventory in warehouses and staging, picking, and shipping. You can use this information for your stock-taking purposes and ensure efficiency. This reader scans a significant variation of tagged items, including cases and pallets, at high volume.
- Forklifts – Easily attach the Zebra FX9600 reader to forklifts thanks to the additional new hardware accessories, which include a DC power supply and a mounting bracket. This mounting bracket also protects the reader from vibrations and shocks. You can power the FX9600 using the DC power supply via any vehicle battery or forklift. Note that this supply unit is only supported on the 4-port version of the Zebra FX9600 RFID reader.
- Marathons or Races – You can use the Zebra FX9600 to measure each runner’s race time during a marathon.
- Airline Industries – Passenger locations within an airport can be established using the Zebra FX9600 RFID reader.
- Electronic Toll Systems – Zebra FX9600 RFID readers can be used to scan account data for toll passes.
- Health Sector – Using Zebra FX9600 RFID readers in the health sector can be advantageous in managing clinics, nursing homes, hospitals, pharmacies, and health centers. They can be used to control patients, track medical supplies, and manage personnel access to restricted areas.
- Automotive Industry – Identify and accurately all raw materials by reading RFID tags with Zebra FX9600. A manufacturer can then place or store all products effectively. RFID tags help to identify the characteristics of every vehicle for processing and help with pausing a production chain in case of any errors.
- Livestock or Pet Tracking – Pet and livestock owners can use RFID scanners like the Zebra FX9600 to monitor their livestock or pets. RFID-enabled doors or gates can detect when pets or livestock pass through or if they wander out of their premises.
- Access Control – Manage access in and throughout buildings with an RFID access control system. This type of system uses readers, tags, and computer servers to allow entry access to registered people with the right credentials.
Zebra FX9600 RFID Reader Review
The review below will help you decide whether the Zebra FX9600 is the right fit for your business needs.
Best Power for Its Class
The Zebra FX9600 boasts one of the best-in-class processors with expanded memory. It gives you sufficient power to support super high-traffic throughput and any sophisticated software application.
Performance That’s Top of the Line
With superior efficiency and performance due to its high RF sensitivity, it’s easy to see why the Zebra FX9600 RFID reader is top-of-the-line. The speedier you process information regarding your inventory, shipping, and picking, the more effective and profitable your business will be. The high RF sensitivity is provided by eight super-sensitive monostatic RF ports, which provide long read ranges and good accuracy. This gives the Zebra FX 9600 the highest throughput for its class, even in dense environments or using challenging materials like liquids or metals.
Deployment Simplicity That’s Unrivaled
Data is parsed directly by the Zebra FX9600 RFID reader as it hosts embedded applications. The total amount of data transmitted to your back-end service is significantly reduced as the data is processed in real-time at your network edge. This increases your network bandwidth and improves your network performance. All application performance is also improved due to latencies being reduced.
PoE or PoE+ support helps reduce the cost and time taken to run any power drops for every reader. Also, by using either a 24-volt power supply or PoE+, you’ll get excellent output power and eliminate losing power from long-run cables or connectors. This way, you’ll get the most tag reads and read ranges needed to receive the coverage you require with fewer readers.
Layout That’s Streamlined and Compact
Management and deployment are made easy by the convenient layout with the cabling and output/input ports on the side of the Zebra FX9600 RFID reader.
You can find and store data with cloud-capable edge devices easily and consistently with the IoT Connector. This information will help you make real-time decisions. As an inbuilt characteristic of the Zebra FX9600 RFID scanners, it’s easy to configure, uses common protocols, and doesn’t need coding.
Powering up the Zebra FX9600 RFID Reader
You can power up a Zebra FX9600 reader using the following options:
- 0dBm to +33.0dBm: PoE+, 24V External DC, Universal 24 VDC Power Supply
- 0dBm to +31.5dBm: PoE, 12V External DC (4-port-models only)
- 24V External DC, Universal 24 VDC Power Supply
To use an AC power supply, connect your AC power supply to the power outlet, then connect to a power port. To use a DC power supply, connect your DC power supply to a power outlet, then connect to a power port.
For connecting with PoE or PoE+, plug your ethernet cable into the PoE/PoE+ injector. A continuous green power LED indicates a successful power-up.
Accessories and Add-Ons
The Zebra FX9600 has great accessories, but you can also get extra add-ons separately, like USB cables.
- Rugged Mobile Mount – For use with forklifts, different warehouse vehicles, or any other environment in which vehicles don’t use rubber wheels. Installing the Zebra FX9600 RFID scanner on vehicles lets the drivers check that the correct products are going to the correct destinations and that the correct products are collected for specific orders. This mobile mount offers several mounting options.
- 4G LTE Cellular Modem with GPS capabilities – Extend RFID to any field using a 4G LTE modem with GPS. You can get the exact location of RFID tags that have been read with the GPS. This helps track where and when assets or packages were received or placed.
Talk to an Expert
Zebra FX9600 RFID readers have more fixed, portal RFID, and handheld systems than other RFID providers. There are many things to consider when purchasing an RFID reader like the Zebra FX9600 for your business. To make the right decision, don’t hesitate to contact our experts at Energy Electronics. After learning your bar code scanning needs, and the size and scope of your business, we’ll give you the best advice and a reasonable quote.
Contact us today and our support team will reply within one business hour.