Although the Zebra ET60 hasn’t hit the shelves yet, you should consider it as your next go-to enterprise communication solution. It has reliable networking capabilities, a fully rugged design, and an ultra-capacity battery to reduce downtime. But how do we know so much about the product if it hasn’t been released yet? Because Energy Electronics maintains close cooperation with Zebra, they’ve given us early access to this gadget. The insider information has enabled us to compile a detailed ET60 review.
Looking for advice on using the Zebra ET60 rugged tablets? Fill out our contact form and we’ll respond to you in one business hour.
- Pros and Cons
- Display, Cameras, and Scanners
- Operation System and Programs
- How to Purchase Zebra ET60
- Markets and Applications
- Power and Batteries
- Accessories and Add-ons
Ranking some products can be hard because they’re designed for one market only. However, that’s not the case with the Zebra ET60. The streamlined design makes it perfect for virtually any application, which is why we give this product a stunning 10/10.
Zebra ET60 Specifications
|Display||10.1-inch ; 1920 x 1200|
|Weight||36.8 Ounces (With Battery)|
|Dimensions||10.08 x 7.8 x 0.7 Inches|
|Battery||Li-Ion 8.920 mAh or Li-Ion 17,840 mAh (Depending on Your Configuration)|
|CPU||Octa-Core 2.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon|
|Flash Memory||128GB (Expandable with a Micro-SD Card)|
|Camera||16MP Rear Camera ; 8MP Front Camera|
|Network Connections||Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), 5G, Bluetooth 5.2|
Zebra ET60 Pricing
Zebra is still not 100% clear about the price of the ET60, but we expect the device to be available for anywhere between $2,000 and $3,000. There should be a broad price range, but why is that the case? Like any other enterprise-grade machine, it will come in a variety of different configurations.
For example, if you want to maximize your storage capacity and battery life, expect to pay upwards of $2,500 for your ET60. Conversely, basic configurations should be offered at the lower end of the price range.
A logical question arises – how do you select the right configuration? You need only contact Energy Electronics. With years of experience in the mobile computer/rugged tablet industry, we can recommend suitable specifications for your particular industry. This way, you’ll get an exceptional device without overpaying for your gadget.
Pros and Cons
There’s no need to look for a different product if you’re a fan of rugged tablets. The ET60 exemplifies full ruggedness with its super-strong body and resilience to various elements.
For instance, the machine is compliant with the MIL-STD-810H standards. It’s one of the strictest durability standards on the planet, as it guarantees the product can endure five-foot drops onto concrete. You’d think such a sturdy tablet would be extra thick, but that’s not the case. It’s a 0.7-inch device that doesn’t feel unwieldy in your hands.
You’ll also like the sealed design of the ET60. It not only blocks water but also other substances, such as salt, sand, and dust. Therefore, look no further than this machine if you work in dusty environments or salt mines.
Besides being tough as nails, the ET60 is temperature-resistant too. More specifically, you can use it at practically any temperature. The lower limit stands at -22 degrees Fahrenheit, whereas the upper limit sits at 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
The ET60 has sublime construction indeed, but what about performance? Powered by a 2.7GHz octa-core processor, the device supports intense multitasking and internet browsing. Coupled with 8GB of RAM, it provides an optimized machine with blazing-fast operation.
Connectivity is notable too. The standard configuration boasts 4G LTE, which is great, but it pales in comparison to the advanced version – 5G. It’s faster, less prone to latency, and supports a larger number of connected devices. Hence, your employees can talk to each other in a lag-free environment, regardless of their location.
If cellular solutions don’t do the trick, you can always turn to integrated Wi-Fi connections. And you don’t get just any Wi-Fi solution. We’re talking Wi-Fi 6 – the crème de la crème of modern wireless internet. It helps increase your battery life, security, and speed, even when dealing with data congestion.
Be sure to utilize your Bluetooth support as well. In particular, the device uses Bluetooth 5.2 to enhance speeds and errors when sending or receiving files.
We could talk at length about the pros of the ET60, but this wouldn’t be an objective review without the cons. Luckily, this device doesn’t have many. The only major downside might be the extra weight. Once you add a battery, it weighs nearly 40 ounces, so it may take you longer to get acclimated to the machine.
Display, Cameras, and Scanners
The display is one of the strongest suits of the ET60. It’s a 1920×1200, 1,000-nit model that can be used in all lighting conditions. Whether you utilize it in a dark warehouse or in direct sunlight, you’ll have no difficulty navigating your data. The screen also tolerates humidity of up to 95% to offer condensation-free architecture.
As for the cameras, Zebra has opted for top-quality solutions. The rear 16MP camera features LED, autofocus, and white shade balancing. The front 8MP model has mechanical privacy shade and snappy image-taking.
Moreover, the scan engine is just as good as the screen and cameras. It’s a SE55 model that captures barcodes in a split second. It’s also compatible with multiple types of barcodes, including 1D and 2D items.
The scan distance is impressive too. Need to capture a barcode from just two or three inches away? The ET60 has you covered. It’s less prone to blurring and other issues that affect standard scanners from short distances.
You can also take a few steps back (or quite a few for that matter) and take your shots from up to 40 feet away. This feature skyrockets productivity and keeps your team safe as they don’t need to approach potentially hazardous spots to scan barcodes.
Operation System and Programs
When it comes to the operation system, Zebra didn’t take any chances. They’ve gone with an OS that runs most of their devices – Android. You can upgrade your system to Android 16. Hence, you can rest assured knowing that your ET60 will receive timely security updates for years to come.
Complementing the Android infrastructure is Zebra’s Mobility DNA. It’s a streamlined suite of programs that facilitate various aspects of your tablet, including deployment, management, battery usage, and accessibility.
Here are the highlights:
- Enterprise Home Screen – Providing a uniform look for all ET60s in your fleet to maximize consistency
- StageNow – Allowing you to deploy a vast number of devices within seconds by scanning a barcode or tapping an NFC tag
- Device Tracker – Determining the location of all your devices for seamless retrieval
- WorryFree Wi-Fi – Analyzing your connection and resolving issues to improve speeds
- Enterprise Mobility Management – Restricting access to certain features to reduce security concerns and distractions
- Device Diagnostics – Scanning your ET60 for different problems to lower maintenance and repair costs
- Workforce Connect – Enabling your employees to quickly contact one another
How to Purchase Zebra ET60
Once the ET60 is up for grabs, some business owners may make a hasty decision. After all, there’s not much to the purchase process. You add the product to your cart and proceed to the checkout.
But here’s the problem – not taking your time when buying the ET60 may mean you end up with an improper configuration. You might not have all the features you need for your industry, which can be a major productivity obstacle. Likewise, overpaying for a device with unnecessary specs is also a risk.
Energy Electronics is here to save the day. When the ET60 is released, be sure to contact our tech experts. You’ll receive experience-based tips on how to customize your gadget and ensure you have the right configuration for your organization.
Markets and Applications
As previously indicated, the ET60 will be one of the most versatile tablets on the market. You’ll be able to use it virtually anywhere:
- Healthcare – Stay on top of patient records and lab inventory with the ET60’s built-in scanning and data capture tools. Also, utilize the available communication solutions to stay in touch with doctors at all times.
- Law enforcement – Receive vital case updates on the go by mounting your ET60 inside your vehicle. Enjoy seemingly endless power with one of the best battery solutions around.
- Oil and mining – Explore your oil and mining facility confidently, knowing your ET60 won’t succumb to toxic chemicals and drops.
- Manufacturing – Make sure your production quality is up to par with the tablet’s next-level data-keeping and management capabilities.
- Warehousing and transportation – Verify you’ve loaded and unloaded the right product by using the ET60 as a scanner.
- Construction – Track your construction workers and improve the accuracy of meter readings for excellent safety and efficiency.
Zebra ET60 Reviews
Even though customers have yet to get their hands on the ET60, this doesn’t mean it hasn’t been tested. On the contrary, it has undergone stringent tests in world-leading independent labs that have evaluated key features, like durability and performance.
Here’s how they view this remarkable tablet:
“Despite our exhaustive efforts to find a structural weakness in the ET60, we couldn’t do it. Our technicians have dropped it onto concrete several times, and the machine came out unscathed. Other durability factors have also been gauged, including water and dust resistance, and the device performed even better.”
“Sluggishness plagues some rugged tablets, but not the ET60. I’ve pushed the device to its limits, using a whole host of apps at the same time, and it offers crisp performance, no matter how many memory-intensive programs you run.”
“We were particularly interested in the ET60’s scan capabilities. The test results were fantastic, to say the least. Abrupt distance changes between the camera and the barcode don’t seem to have any influence on the scan engine. It rapidly adapts to new distances without any input on the user’s part.”
“Whether you’re looking for a super-sturdy or fast rugged tablet, the ET60 won’t let you down. It blends a wealth of impressive features that will prove invaluable in any workplace, from heavy-duty industrial settings to healthcare centers.”
Power and Batteries
What good is a speedy processor and advanced display if a device doesn’t last very long? Thankfully, you won’t have this problem with the ET60.
The basic model comes with 8,920mAh, which translates to about 10 hours of runtime. If you think that’s impressive, wait till you hear about the extended battery. This beast features a whopping 17,840mAh, delivering well over 20 hours of operation. As a result, the chances of not being able to reach your team due to limited power are slim to none.
As for other battery-related specs, Zebra has done a marvelous job. You get hot-swappable batteries, allowing you to replace your batteries without shutting down the device and hindering productivity. Additionally, there’s Super Capacitor technology that feeds your machine with energy during swaps to prevent data loss.
Also, don’t forget to tap into Zebra’s Power Precision battery software. Among other things, this proprietary solution enables you to locate unhealthy batteries in your fleet. After identifying these defective units, you can replace them with better batteries and help keep your team locked in.
On top of that, the ET60 battery is shielded with a heavy-duty housing. It mitigates the risk of extensive damage during drops or moisture exposure.
Lastly, you won’t have to worry about overcharging or electrical shocks with the ET60. The Power Precision design neutralizes these threats, delivering a smart battery to support all your operations.
Accessories and Add-ons
You could use some guidance when customizing the Zebra ET60. But this doesn’t apply to the big boys only, such as the processor, RAM, and battery. You also need someone to point you in the right direction when choosing your accessories.
That someone is Energy Electronics. Reach out to us today, and we can help you select from a wide range of ET60 add-ons:
- Vehicle dock – The ET60 is compatible with a convenient vehicle dock to improve mobility and safety. By installing this accessory, you eliminate the need to take your hands off the steering wheel.
- Keyboard – Zebra can ship your ET60 with a fully functional keyboard. It turns the device into a 2-in-1 powerhouse to elevate your productivity and input.
- RFID reader – You can couple your ET60 with a cutting-edge RFID reader. It lets you read RFID tags in seconds, enabling you to monitor your inventory with ease.
- 2-slot battery charger – If you pre-order multiple ET60s, the 2-slot battery charger is a must. You’ll be able to charge two devices at the same time, so multiple team members can get back on track simultaneously.
- Stylus – A quick look at the ET60 stylus reveals an elegant yet incredibly robust accessory. It’s water-resistant and great for note-taking, giving you yet another ace up your sleeve when boosting productivity.
- Hand and shoulder strap – Transport problems will be history with the hand and shoulder strap available with the ET60. They’re perfect for field workers who need to visit multiple stations daily.
- Kickstand – You’ll also appreciate that Zebra offers a kickstand with the ET60 that lets you keep your gadget in an optimal viewing position by minimizing shifts and vibration.
Talk to an Expert
There’s no other way around it – the ET60 is bound to take the enterprise world by storm. It facilitates seamless team communication, thanks to its 5G and Wi-Fi6 support. There’s also a rugged body that abides by the highest industry standard to give you peace of mind in harsh environments. Finally, extended Android support and authentication help you secure your workplace.
If you want to learn more about the ET60, or you’re interested in pre-orders, Energy Electronics is at your beck and call. Fill out the form below, and we’ll respond within one business hour. We’ll recommend the best configuration for your market, so you can take your operations to new heights.