The ET56 is one of the most versatile and robust mobile computers released by Zebra to date. With a stunning display, powerful design, and ultra-fast processor, the ET56 is used in some of the most task-demanding environments. Here’s what the Zebra ET56 review has to offer and how it can optimize your workflow.
Do you have specific questions about the Zebra ET56? Fill out the form below to talk to an expert. We will respond within 1 business hour.
- Product Ranking
- Product Specifications
- Product Pricing
- Operating System and Programs
- How to Purchase Zebra ET56
- Zebra ET56 Review
Zebra ET56 is one of our most highly rated products, scoring a solid 9.7/10. The combination of heavy-duty hardware and versatile software makes it an excellent investment for multiple applications.
|Display||8.4-inch, 720 nits;10.1-inch, 540 nits|
|OS||Android and Windows 10|
|Processor||Intel Atom A3940 quad-core 1.6 GHz;Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core 2.2 GHz|
|Graphics||Intel HD Graphics 500|
|Wireless Communications||WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/r/k/v,Bluetooth v. 4.2 Class 1, GPS, GLONASS, Galilleo|
|Memory||4GB LPDDR RAM,64 GB eMMC Flash|
|Camera||8 MP rear camera, 2 MP front camera|
The Zebra ET56 is a highly customizable mobile computer that comes in a range of forms, memory options, and accessories. The price range is from $1500 to $2000. Business owners and managers often have a challenging time deciding on the right model to make the most out of the investment. Fortunately, Energy Electronics experts are here to help. Contact us and share your mobile computer preferences, and we’ll recommend the best model to suit your needs.
Pros and Cons
The Zebra ET56 doesn’t cease to amaze in terms of hardware. Marketed as an enterprise tablet, this device has everything you need. It’s a heavy-duty field tablet wrapped in the stylish looks of a consumer tablet. Major advantages include the all-glass front, lightweight structure, and brand-new processor. This new processor is a slight upgrade from the ET55 predecessor, although both have quad-core chips in the Windows version. The significant upgrades in display and excellent durability are other noteworthy advantages of this device.
As far as the cons are concerned, some users may find the screen a bit small. This preference is mainly subjective and may or may not hold true for you. Also, given that this is one of the latest Zebra mobile computers, some users may find this device too expensive. But again, the price range varies greatly depending on the level of personalization you need.
Display, Cameras, and Scanners
The display in the ET56 comes with significant upgrades compared to the predecessor model, the Zebra ET55. While the former has an 8.4-inch display with 2560 x 1600 resolution at 359 PPI, the ET55 had an 8.3-inch display, 1920 x 1200 resolution, and 273 PPI.
The luminance of the ET56 makes the device suitable for outdoor use. Many Apple devices, which are considered premium, don’t offer these levels of luminance. The same goes for the sharpness levels.
The Corning Gorilla Glass display is scratch and shatter-resistant and makes the device usable in all settings, including warehouse and road service.
As far as cameras are concerned, the Zebra ET56 has two, one in the front and one in the back. The front is 2 MP, while the rear comes with an 8 MP imager.
You can manually change the white balance, shutter speed, flash, ISO, manual focus, and exposure compensation. These features don’t usually come in typical Windows cameras, so this one is a big plus.
The video quality is better than average and delivers content in a 1920 x 1080 format at 30 frames per second.
Finally, the scanner. When you look at the slender body of the Zebra ET56, you’re likely to wonder how the company managed to install a scanner inside.
Both SE4710 and SE4750 offer 1D and 2D bar code capturing and weigh less than 1/5 of an ounce.
The scanners have a wide field of view for easy close-up readings of large bar codes and can read multiple bar codes at the same time. You don’t have to align the bar code or the scanner to get bar code readings.
The sensor resolution of the scanner is 1280 x 800 pixels, with the focal distance from the front being 7.64 inches.
Operating System and Programs
The Zebra ET56 was first introduced with the Windows 10 operating system. Now, it’s also available in the Android version (upgradeable to the latest Android version).
The Windows 10 version runs on an Intel Atom A3940 quad-core 1.6 GHz processor, while the Android version has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core with 2.2 GHz.
Both systems offer the same functionalities and have a range of in-built programs like:
- LifeGuard – LifeGuard is Zebra’s security package with the latest updates for Windows and Android devices. Keep your OS up to date with this lifetime program.
- Mobility DNA – The large suite of applications makes your Zebra device more versatile.
- Device Tracker – Locate your missing Zebra ET56, whether it’s turned on or off. No one can afford to lose a valuable gadget such as a mobile computer, and this feature will help you never have to purchase a replacement for a lost device.
- Device Diagnostics – Reduce the time and cost of maintaining your Zebra and take it to the repair center thanks to the Device Diagnostics tool that lets you know what type of issue you’re experiencing with the device.
- Enterprise Home Screen – This functionality allows you to set which applications your workers can and cannot use. Customize the workflow and respect the hierarchy by protecting everyone’s data and access policies.
- Enterprise Keyboard – Set up customized keyboards by adjusting the key size and more for faster data entry. Share the settings across devices to optimize everyone’s workflow. This feature is available for Android tablets and includes advanced features like flexible keypress feedback, a personal dictionary, auto suggestions, and more.
- Google Mobile Services – Enable or disable Google Mobile Services (GMS) to easily stage your devices for use.
- Visibility OneCare – This program offers valuable insights into repair KPIs, maintenance and repair service performance, and service levels.
How to Purchase Zebra ET56
Purchasing the Zebra ET56 can be tricky when you know how diverse the gadget is in terms of specifications and accessories. It’s critical that you get in touch with an expert who can advise you on the best device for your needs. After all, you should only spend money on the features you need. Energy Electronics experts are available to assist with all your needs.
Markets and Applications
The Zebra ET56 has wide use across markets and industries. Here’s an overview of the most common applications:
- Field service – streamline your field service tasks like asset tracking, work order management, mobile dispatch, and meter reading, all via a single device.
- Logistics – perfect for yard and warehouse management and asset management, the Zebra ET56 checks all the boxes when it comes to logistics applications.
- Transportation – PoD and DSD sign-offs, routing and scheduling, cargo or container tracking, and fleet maintenance can all be taken care of with the Zebra ET56.
- Retail – This device has all the features you need for inventory management, price verification, line busting, mobile point of sale, and assisted selling tasks.
- Warehouse and distribution – Use the high-end scanning features to process your parcels and perform warehouse and yard management, as well as EDI transactions and returns.
- Manufacturing – Count on the Zebra ET56 for inventory management, maintenance and repair, safety testing, compliance verification, and many other tasks in manufacturing.
- Field sales – Streamline your mobile payments, customer relations, route accounting or DSD, pre-sales management, and merchandising with Zebra ET56’s powerful features.
Zebra ET56 Review
Zebra ET56 is one of the most versatile mobile computers on the market, and online reviews only go in that favor. Here are some of our favorite comments online:
“I needed a versatile device to track orders and organize logistics and transportation for my business that would also make communication easier across teams and systems. I found Zebra ET56 to be all that and more. A powerful battery, plenty of accessories, and advanced features make this device one of my best business investments. Truly grateful for the find.”
“My field service workers used their smartphone devices to track work order management and track the assets. The process was complicated, tiring, and nerve-wracking. Third-party scanner apps we used turned out to be a scam. I’m so grateful I found this Zebra mobile computer because it helped us optimize the workflow and have easy access to a barcode scanner we use on a daily basis.”
“I was skeptical about the Zebra ET56 at first because I didn’t know how it would handle whole-day shifts with plenty of scanning and data sharing in our warehouse. Three months down the road, I now think this was the best purchase I made for the business. Day-long battery with plenty of multitasking and zero lag. I love it!”
“My team has been using the Zebra ET56 to streamline our manufacturing processes for more than six months now. It would be an understatement to say the employees are thrilled with the device.
“Mobile computers like Zebra ET56 will enhance your workflow and make your workforce more efficient! We use the Zebra ET56 mainly for inventory management in retail but also as a mobile point-of-sale device. I’m especially grateful for the expandable battery that can get us through multiple shifts on a single charge.”
Power and Batteries
Zebra has a surprisingly long battery life with 25 watt-hours or 3,300 mAh. You can get up to 15 hours of uptime with occasional use. Heavy usage can lower that time, especially if you use it at the highest brightness levels. If you are using the Zebra ET56 with the scanner, you may want to purchase an optional battery to up the running time. Add an extra 3,400 mAh for field or outdoor service, and don’t worry about running out of battery on the go.
Accessories and Add-Ons
Zebra ET56 doesn’t lag behind its predecessors when it comes to accessories and add-ons. There are dozens of upgrades you can add to make it more versatile and flexible. Contact experts at Energy Electronics for advice about your specific industry needs and get recommendations on the best accessories.
Here’s an overview of the most popular upgrades for the Zebra ET56 model:
- Rugged frames – Use your Zebra ET56 in harsh environments and protect it from drops and incidents with sturdy, rugged frames. Use a rugged frame to boost your device’s durability and lifespan.
- Breakaway shoulder strap – Make carrying the Zebra ET56 effortless while having both arms free using this heavy-duty breakaway shoulder strap. Also comes with a handle. This accessory is useful for workers who spend much time outdoors and can’t afford to make trips to the vehicle to access their tablet.
- Passive stylus – Jotting down notes and entering data gets easier when you have a passive stylus made by Zebra. Use the mobile computer with wet hands or gloves and allow for uninterrupted data input at all times.
- Wired USB-C headset for VOIP and PTT – Take your business meetings or communication with the team to another level with high-quality calls thanks to this USB-C headset.
- Cradles – Choose from numerous cradles, wall chargers, and connectors for easy and fast charging of up to four Zebra ET56s at the same time.
- Operations case – Yet another heavy-duty protective accessory to keep your mobile computer safe from falls. The case is made from leather, has a pen loop for the stylus, and is used without the rugged frame.
- Hot-swappable batteries – Enhance your battery capacity on top of the main battery for extra-long work hours in the open field. The capacity of the external battery is 3400 mAh @ 7.2V.
Talk to an Expert
Choosing the most cost-effective Zebra ET56 for your business can be confusing. If you want to ensure the best price possible, the experts at Energy Electronics are at your disposal. Fill out the form below and we’ll reach back to you in one business hour to get you started.