You can always turn to Zebra for reliable rugged tablets, and the ET51 is one of their best models. This convenient device has a durable screen and numerous programs to increase your security and productivity. Here’s an in-depth review of the Zebra ET51.
- Zebra ET51 Pricing
- Operating System and Programs
- How to Purchase Zebra ET51
- Zebra ET51 Reviews
Do you have specific questions about the Zebra ET51? Fill out the form below to talk to an expert. We will respond within 1 business hour.
Zebra ET51 Ranking
The ET51 is one of the best-rugged tablets on the market, which is why we rank it 9.5/10. It features a crystal-clear display with adjustable brightness and enough battery power to fuel all your operations. Furthermore, the rugged body has proved to be a great asset for many industries, as it can withstand whatever you throw at it.
Zebra ET51 Specifications
|Display||8.4-Inch (up to 2560×1600)|
|Weight||20.16 Ounces (With Battery)|
|Dimensions||9 x 5.9 x 0.5 Inches|
|CPU||Quad-Core 1.6GHz-2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon (Depending on Your Configuration)|
|RAM||4GB (Depending on Your Configuration)|
|Flash Memory||128GB (Expandable with a Micro-SD Card)|
|Camera||8MP Rear Camera2MP Front Camera|
|Network Connections||Wi-Fi 802.11acBluetooth|
Zebra ET51 Pricing
Like most other Zebra devices, the ET51 has a broad price range. You can buy the product for anywhere between $1,200 and $2,000, depending on your configuration. Expect your gadget to be on the higher side if you incorporate advanced features and various accessories into your package. By contrast, basic specifications are more affordable.
That’s why you should talk to an expert before you purchase the ET51. With years of experience in the tech industry, our experts at Energy Electronics have all it takes to recommend the correct configuration for your organization. We offer accurate quotes to eliminate any guesswork associated with buying this rugged tablet.
Pros and Cons
As the ET51 is classified as a rugged tablet, let’s first examine the rugged standards of this device. Impact resistance is especially important, and this gadget provides a superb solution. Featuring the MIL-STD-810G certification, it’s built for some of the most extreme environments. The model has undergone stringent tests, including drops to concrete. This gives you peace of mind, knowing your ET51 won’t shatter after drops from moderate heights.
Another reason this is a high-quality, rugged tablet is its sealed design. It’s an IP65-rated device, which means that it has a protective barrier that prevents contaminants from reaching the internals. Water, chemicals, dust, sand, and other impurities can’t penetrate this layer and compromise more sensitive parts of your gadget.
You’ll also appreciate the temperature tolerance of the Zebra ET51. This sturdy product can be used in a wide range of temperatures, allowing you to utilize the device in freezing and scorching conditions. It can also be stored in similar conditions without any deterioration.
The CPU is admirable too. The basic configuration comes with a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor that operates at 1.6GHz. You can ramp this up to 2GHz if you opt for a higher configuration. The higher you go, the smoother your ET51 runs. And the smoother your device works, the more easily you can multitask and run cutting-edge apps.
When it comes to memory, Zebra has gone with excellent solutions. You get 4GB of RAM to support simultaneous browsing and communication, while the 64GB of flash memory provides enough storage for most files. If you’re short on space, you can always add more with a micro-SDXC card. Storage is expandable up to 2TB.
In terms of communication, the manufacturer has done a great job. The device supports the Wi-Fi 802.11 network and LTE. Both of these enable you to communicate with your field workers on the go. The signal is fantastic in most cases, leading to less downtime caused by sluggish communication channels. More importantly, you can increase customer support with your ET51 if you utilize it as a technical support workstation.
The only downside of the ET51 is the display size. It’s an 8.4-inch model, which might not work for you if you need an extra-large screen.
Display, Cameras, and Scanners
The display of the ET51 could be better, but this doesn’t mean it’s a bad model. Far from it – it has many technologies to compensate for the slightly shorter diagonal.
One of these technologies is adjustable brightness. Whether you work indoors or outdoors, you’ll be able to achieve the perfect illumination with just a few taps. You can even use the screen effectively in direct sunlight.
In addition, the ET51 features a capacitive display. You can enter information in several ways, such as using your bare or gloved fingers or stylus. Stylus mode is especially convenient since it delivers unmatched precision and control over your strokes.
Unlike some other tablets, the ET51 resists moisture. Besides making the device more rugged, this also enables you to use the screen when wet. As a result, rain, snow, and other elements won’t keep you from typing on your display.
The cameras are also solid. The rear unit has 8MP, which is good enough for most situations. It takes good-quality pictures and videos in various lighting conditions. The front model has just 2MP, but taking images and filming aren’t the main functions of this camera. Instead, it’s mainly designed for video calls, which makes all the difference when supervising operations or providing remote support.
Zebra is known for its remarkable scanners, and the scanner incorporated into the ET51 is no exception. Whether you need light or heavy-duty scanning, this device won’t let you down. The gadget captures barcodes in various conditions and offers minimal response time. Just tap the corresponding button, and the tablet will immediately save your barcode to your database.
The scanner is also versatile and can capture 1D and 2D barcodes.
Operating System and Programs
The ET51 is a Windows 10 rugged tablet. While you may prefer Android or iOS-based devices, there are many tremendous benefits of having a Windows-based gadget in your assortment:
- Replicates the desktop experience – If you’re looking for a device that mimics the PC experience, you’ll hardly find a better option than the ET51. It comes with a user-friendly interface that combines the features of desktop computers and tablets in a single package.
- Improved workflow – Another great thing about ET51’s Windows 10-based architecture is that you can link it to other Windows devices. All you need is a Microsoft account. Once you create your account, log into it on your ET51 and continue where you left off on your PC. This enables you to keep working without interruptions, whether you’re in the field or your warehouse.
- Desktop applications at your fingertips – One of the most significant issues of Android devices is that they lack Windows applications out of the box. For instance, you might want to use Photoshop on your tablet but can’t due to the operating system. You won’t have this problem with the ET51. It works the same as the OS on your PC, allowing you to access apps that are normally unavailable on other platforms.
Complementing the Windows 10 architecture is Zebra’s Mobility DNA. Here are some of the programs in this suite you can add to your ET51 configuration:
- Device Diagnostic Tool – Detect device problems before they wreak havoc on the system and reduce productivity.
- Device Tracker – Recover lost devices to eliminate the need to replace the missing gadgets.
- StageNow – Deploy hundreds of ET51s with ease.
- GMS Restricted Mode – Deactivate Google services or other features to reduce distractions and enhance productivity.
How to Purchase Zebra ET51
It might seem like there’s nothing to think about when buying the ET51, but that’s not the case. As previously discussed, the device is available in a number of configurations. It’s up to you to determine the right features for your organization to avoid overpaying for your gadget. Doing so while performing other time-sensitive missions is hard, which is why you should consult a professional.
Contact the experts at Energy Electronics, and we’ll tell you all you need to know before buying your ET51. We’ll suggest features that can optimize your workflows without denting your budget. That’s the best way to purchase your device.
Markets and Applications
Zebra didn’t design the ET51 for just one or two industries. On the contrary, the device has numerous applications across countless markets and environments:
- Transportation – The key to expediting and securing transport lies in communication and navigation. The ET51 offers both. Your truck drivers can use the device to reach their destinations safely and faster, thanks to its GPS integration. Furthermore, you can stay in touch with them via secure messages, allowing you to notify them about route changes or provide other alerts.
- Retail – Your retail employees need a good gadget to speed up their scanning. The ET51 is the right choice. You can get this device with a 1D/2D scanner that captures all sorts of barcodes, regardless of their condition. The response time is minimal, which maximizes productivity and reduces errors.
- Warehousing – Many companies utilize cutting-edge equipment in their warehouses. If you’re one of them, consider upgrading your toolbox with the ET51. It’s perfect for a range of projects commonly performed in these facilities, such as inventory tracking and entering information about returned products.
- Law enforcement – Mapping and communication are essential in police work. Zebra understands this requirement and ships the ET51 with robust GPS and communication tools to make missions safer and more effective. For instance, officers can utilize state-of-the-art software to establish secure voice and messaging channels. Plus, the device can be mounted inside practically any vehicle for hands-free use.
- Healthcare – You can benefit a lot from the ET51 if you’re a healthcare professional. For example, the device supports files in different formats, allowing you to read patient records as standard documents or PDFs. Additionally, the device is perfect for messaging the rest of your staff and issuing timely updates. You can even provide your patients with ET51s of their own, so they can watch TV shows or listen to music while resting.
- Oil and gas – The oil and gas industry is remunerative, but it’s also dangerous. You need a rugged tablet to withstand harsh elements, and it hardly gets more rugged than the ET51. It boasts tremendous impact resistance, giving you peace of mind in case of drops. More importantly, the sealed design prevents oil, gasses, water, and toxic chemicals from compromising the internals.
Zebra ET51 Reviews
The ET51 is a remarkable device for virtually any business. You can tell that not just from our review but from numerous customer reviews:
“I won’t be looking for another device any time soon. The ET51 has been a terrific investment in my hospital, and it’s benefited my business in many ways. My doctors can review records more easily, and my patients are no longer bored between check-ups. Instead, we’ve set up proper entertainment stations in each room to lift their spirits.”
“We looked for a rugged tablet, and we got something beyond that with the Zebra ET51. Our inventory management was sluggish before the purchase, and the device has revolutionized this part of our warehouse business. The team can now take accurate records in no time. Plus, mistakes rarely happen (if ever) since we no longer utilize manual input.”
“I recommend the ET51 to any business owner who wants to take their company to the next level. It’s done just that for my organization. We’ve noticed productivity jumps across all departments because we communicate more easily and experience less device downtime. Battery life is also terrific, and my staff no longer has to swap out for a new tablet after a drop or two.
Power and Batteries
Another strong point of the Zebra ET51 is the battery. This gadget comes with a 3,300mAh model that can easily endure multiple eight-hour shifts. As a result, you’re less likely to interrupt your operations to charge your device in the middle of your work day.
That’s not all – Zebra can also ship the gadget with a hot-swappable battery. It goes to the optional expansion back to double your battery life and further reduce the need for charging.
Once it’s finally time to charge your device, you can easily do so by plugging in your ET51 to a USB cable. The manufacturer also offers multi-slot charging handles that enable you to recharge several devices at once using a single socket.
Accessories and Add-ons
The Zebra ET51 is available with an array of accessories. However, you need to take your time when selecting your add-ons because they can increase the price of your investment.
Energy Electronics is here to guide you every step of the way. Call us or send us a message, and we’ll help you determine if the following accessories work well for your organization:
- Wall bracket/rack for multi-slot cradles – Zebra offers various wall brackets and rackets for ShareCradles (items that facilitate USB communication). These extras can be installed in different areas and allow you to charge up to 4 devices simultaneously.
- Tethers – Carrying the ET51 can sometimes be difficult, but not if you have a tether. Zebra offers a host of wrist tethers to secure your device firmly to your hand. Consequently, you don’t have to worry about dropping your machine during transport.
- Rugged boots – The ET51 is incredibly durable, but you can make it even more robust with a rugged boot. It adds unrivaled protection on the corners, which are more prone to impact than other sections of the tablet. Plus, it further lowers the chances of water and dust intrusion.
- Trigger handles – You can include a number of trigger handles in your ET51 package. Most models can be easily attached to your rugged tablet and removed whenever necessary to ensure seamless battery access. Furthermore, they may come with tether points for wrist tethers.
- Stylus – As previously mentioned, the ET51 display is compatible with styluses. Zebra provides styluses specifically designed for this tablet to maximize your performance. Made of carbon-filled plastics, they deliver exceptional durability.
Talk to an Expert
It hardly gets any better than the Zebra ET51 when it comes to rugged tablets. This gadget delivers all the features you need to boost your productivity and reduce expenses. The sturdy construction reduces the need for repairs, while the cutting-edge display and CPU provide top-notch performance.
For best results, don’t forget to consult Energy Electronics before placing your order. Contact us, and we’ll respond within one business hour. You’ll get experience-based tips on how to select your configuration and an accurate quote.