While most workers in the hospitality industry still use traditional landlines, smartphones are becoming a better and more convenient solution. There are several reasons behind this shift. Smartphones are more flexible, offer better connectivity, and come with different designs and configurations.
However, with so many options on the market, finding the right phone for your hospitality business can be a challenge. Let’s take a look at our top 10 phones for hospitality workers.
Top 10 Phones for Hospitality
CAT S62 Pro
The CAT S62 Pro is a phone for all work environments, including the hospitality sector. It supports all Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions and is optimized for effortless management and deployment. Furthermore, it offers exceptional service, and it’s compatible with all GSM networks. Hospitality workers can also benefit from this phone’s FLIR thermal imaging camera.
This phone has an ultra-rugged build that’s resistant to water, shocks, impacts, vibrations, dust, and dirt. It’s ideal for hospitality employees who are on their feet all day. It’s also business-ready, with ample storage and a large 4000mAh battery that supports fast charging. It features Dual Nano SIM slots, making it a great option for receptionists and customer service employees.
- Resistant to impacts, shocks, water, vibrations, and dirt
- Compatible with all GSM networks
- Supports all major EMM solutions
- Military-grade reliability
- Dual SIM standby
- No face ID
- No wireless charging
CAT S42 H+
The CAT S42 H+ is a great solution for hospitality workers for numerous reasons. It’s fully rugged, and it has IP68, IP69, and MIL-SPEC 810H ratings. It doesn’t even require a protective case, as it can handle almost anything you throw at it. Its display is made from Corning Gorilla Glass 5, which is close to indestructible.
The “H+” stands for Hygiene Plus. It features antimicrobial protection that reduces bacteria spreading, and it’s easily sanitized. This makes it ideal for hospitality employees who work in the food industry. The fact that it’s waterproof means that you can wash it with soap and water. This phone features a programmable Push-to-Talk (PTT) button and Dual SIM standby, allowing you to use two SIM cards at the same time.
- Robust Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- IP68, IP69, and MIL-SPEC 810H ratings
- Extended 48-hour battery life
- Programmable PTT button
- Antimicrobial protection
- No wireless charging
- Only 3GB of RAM
CAT S22 Flip
The CAT S22 Flip combines the traditional design of a flip phone and the fast-paced capabilities of a smartphone. It has tactile buttons, a large touchscreen, and programmable PTT buttons. What’s more, this phone is enterprise-ready, compatible with Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions. It also runs on Android 11, but it’s only available with T-Mobile.
The CAT S22 Flip boasts a long-lasting battery life and a familiar, user-friendly interface. Thanks to its extra-loud audio speakers, this phone is ready for any type of working environment. It has IP68 and MIL-SPEC 810H ratings, so it’s resistant to water, impact, dirt, vibrations, dust, and dirt. Aside from hospitality, this phone can be used in construction work, processing, field service, agriculture, security services, and more. It’s also compact enough to be carried around in your pocket all day.
- Traditional flip-phone design
- Programmable PTT buttons
- Super long battery life
- IP68 and MIL-SPEC 810H ratings
- Only available with T-Mobile
The Sonim RS60 is branded as a rugged tablet and an all-in-one phone. Unlike many other models, it also has an integrated barcode scanner. Not only can this phone perform in low-lighting conditions, but its 6-inch display is sunlight readable and glove-friendly. It has a fully-rugged design, so it can withstand almost anything. Furthermore, when it comes to computing performance, this rugged device won’t disappoint.
This phone has an ample battery life with 22 hours of talk time and 30 days of standby time. Thanks to its smart configurations and software tools, the Sonim RS60 is a great device for corporate communications, logistic needs, and any other hospitality environment requirements. It boasts high-bandwidth 4G LTE connectivity, so you can count on reliable communication and excellent reception all day long. It also offers Push-to-Talk support and customizable buttons.
- Integrated barcode scanner
- Fully-rugged design
- Sunlight readable and glove-friendly display
- 4G LTE cellular connection
- Low-quality camera
Samsung XCover Pro
The Samsung XCover Pro has an ultra-rugged build and a sleek design with an edge-to-edge screen. Speaking of the screen, it’s made from tough Corning Gorilla Glass 5, is 6.3 inches long, and it has an impressive resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels. It also offers a large removable 4050mAh battery which supports fast charging.
As opposed to most rugged phones, the Samsung XCover Pro has an attractive appearance. That being said, this phone is still extremely durable, with IP68 and MIL-STD 810G ratings, making it resistant to water, shocks, vibrations, dust, and more. In fact, this phone can survive drops from 1.5 meters, and it can be immersed in water for half an hour without malfunctioning. It features programmable Push-to-Talk buttons, which can be quite useful in the hospitality sector. However, keep in mind that the Samsung XCover Pro is only available with Verizon and AT&T.
- Sleek, rugged build
- IP68 and MIL-STD 810G ratings
- Edge-to-edge full HD display
- Customizable PTT buttons
- Slow performance
- Only available with Verizon and AT&T
OnePlus 8 Pro
The OnePlus 8 Pro boasts high-speed performance, an excellent battery life, and a sleek, cutting-edge design. One of its biggest perks is the next-generation 5G connectivity. It features a 6.78-inch “Fluid Display” with QHD resolution, a 120Hz refresh rate, and HDR10+ support. It comes with a 4,510mAh battery, which is the largest battery the OnePlus series has to offer.
There are many other features that make this phone worth considering. The Dual SIM standby allows you to use two SIM cards at once, and the fingerprint scanner provides you with quick access. However, the OnePlus 8 Pro is one of the most expensive phones from this line.
- 5G connectivity
- Dual SIM standby
- QHD resolution display
- Long-lasting battery life
- Excellent performance
- Low-quality camera
If you’re looking for an extremely durable phone, the Sonim XP8 is for you. With MIL 810G, IP-68, and IP-69 ratings, this phone is resistant to water, dust, drops, impacts, and shocks. Its multi-shift battery allows for all-day performance, offering up to 30 hours of talk time and an impressive 720 hours of standby time. The dual loudspeakers make it ideal for any work environment, providing you with clear communication.
Thanks to its strong build and lengthy lifespan, you won’t need to replace this device for a long time. It features a 5-inch Corning Gorilla Glass 5 display that is glove and wet-touch friendly. Its tactile SOS controls and a dedicated PTT button also make it a great fit for those in the hospitality sector.
- Waterproof and drop-proof
- All-day power
- Built to last
- Robust Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Dual loudspeakers
- Low on storage
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra is an amazing device with state-of-the-art specifications. It has an attractive design with less screen curve and a massive 6.9-inch AMOLED display. What makes this phone stand out are its five cameras, the main camera packing an impressive 108MP. This device is also branded as the world’s most advanced 5G phone.
It has plenty of room for all your files and apps, with 12GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. This phone will definitely be able to keep up with your daily workflow. However, expect a high price for all of these fancy specifications.
- Sleek, cutting-edge design
- Five cameras in total
- Large 6.9-inch AMOLED display
- 5G connectivity
- Ample storage
- Might be too big for some people
Huawei P30 Pro
The Huawei P30 Pro is an excellent phone that can meet all your needs as a hospitality worker. Thanks to its 4,200mAh battery, you can expect it to last the whole day. It features a smart in-display fingerprint scanner, allowing for easy access. It boasts excellent performance, being able to handle demanding apps and even graphically-challenging games.
What really makes this phone worth considering is its beautiful design with slim bezels. The 6.47-inch OLED screen has a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. However, there is no headphone jack, which means that you’ll have to get a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter if you want to use headphones. The phone runs on the Android 9 Pie operating system and the EMUI interface.
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- Eye-catching design with slim bezels
- Great battery life
- The screen doesn’t have 4K resolution
- No headphone jack
Google Pixel 5
If you’re looking for a compact and lightweight phone that can keep up with your daily workflow, the Google Pixel 5 might be the best option for you. It comes with a solid battery life, supports wireless charging, and even supports 5G connectivity. It also features a 6-inch OLED full HD display with a resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels.
When it comes to carriers, you can choose between AT&T, Verizon, US Cellular, and Google Fi. Keep in mind that this phone doesn’t offer options for expandable storage, and it lacks a Face ID unlock system.
- Compact and lightweight
- Solid battery life
- Supports wireless charging
- Full HD display
- Supports 5G connectivity
- No expandable storage
- Lacks Face ID unlock system
What Are the Phone Requirements for Hospitality Workers?
The hospitality industry is a broad term, encompassing restaurants, cafes, hotels, clubs, casinos, and more. Therefore, a hospitality worker can be a waiter, manager, housekeeper, barista, receptionist, to name but a few. However, what all of these jobs have in common is a lot of movement throughout the day, which is why hospitality workers need a phone that can keep up with them in every way possible.
One of the most important phone requirements for hospitality workers is connectivity. You need to be able to contact your customers, coworkers, or other services without any issues.
The reason smartphones are a better option compared to landlines is because they’re more flexible. With landlines, you’re forced to be near your desk or counter the whole day. With smartphones, you can take your work with you. For this reason, it’s best to use a phone with a long battery life. Factors like storage, camera quality, and even design might not be as important.
Top 5 Apps for Hospitality Workers
Hospitality workers don’t only need to be equipped with high-performance smartphones, but they can also benefit from apps made specifically for the hospitality industry. Here are our top five choices:
- Hosco: Hospitality Job Search – If you’re looking for an app that can help you find a job in the hospitality industry, Hosco is for you. It offers different types of job ads, including culinary, hotel, and tourism jobs. It’s available on the App Store and Google Play.
- Duolingo – If your hospitality job requires you to communicate with people from around the world, Duolingo is by far the best language learning app. Currently, it offers 103 language courses in 40 languages. You can find it on Google Play and the App Store.
- eMenu Pro – This app is designed for hospitality workers employed in restaurants, bars, and cafes. It lets you create your own menu, and it’s available on Google Play and the App Store.
- Uber Eats – Another app for restaurants, Uber Eats is an online food ordering and delivery app. It’s developed by Uber, and it’s available for both iOS and Android devices.
- AssessTEAM – This app is designed for performance management and productivity analysis. This makes it a great option for managers who work in the hospitality industry. It’s only available on Google Play.
Top Cell Phone Plans for Hospitality Workers
Here are some of the best cell phone plans for hospitality workers:
- Verizon Wireless – Verizon offers flexible business, wireless and unlimited plans, along with international coverage. The starting price is around $30 per month. Verizon offers plans for both small and large businesses.
- AT&T Wireless – This option offers nationwide coverage with free available hardware. The prices begin at $30 per month, with flexible cell phone plan options.
- Google Voice – Google Voice offers a free version, while prices for plans start at $10 per month. It offers unlimited domestic calls and texts, as well as international coverage.
- Ring Central – Ring Central offers unlimited domestic calls and international coverage starting at $19.99 per month. Other features include voicemail to text, team member messaging, and unlimited business texts.
Talk to a Tech Expert
As a hospitality worker, it’s important to find a phone that can meet all industry needs and keep up with you throughout the day. Before you make a decision, it’s highly recommended you consult with a tech expert.
Here at Energy Electronics, our team of experienced professionals can help you find the right phone.
To get a quote on any phone within one business hour, fill out this form: