Commercial tablets are now one of the most important driving forces forward for business, but in order for them to be effective they need to be efficient, durable, and versatile. In our guide, we will take a look at the top 15 commercial tablets on the market today.
Are you looking for advice on buying a commercial tablet? Fill out the contact form below to start talking to the top tech experts in the industry.
1. Honeywell RT10A
Honeywell is famous as one of the most trusted, proven providers of business tech, and the Honeywell RT10A is a prime example of what this brand can do. The device is easy to use, features a bright high-resolution 10.1-inch screen, and has an impressively lightweight design.
Additionally, and importantly, the RT10A can take a hit. It has an IP65 rating and rugged construction to cope with 4-foot falls. And, on the tech side, this unit features built-in FlexRange barcode scanning for various ranges, along with Smart Talk connectivity.
Every part of this device was designed with rapid user adoption in mind, helping new users quickly figure things out. So, whether in the hands of retail workers, maintenance professionals, or forklift operators (various vehicle docks and accessories are sold separately), the RT10A is an awesome choice, and also the top option on our list.
Pros of the Honeywell RT10A:
- All of its specifications can be dialed up to the top in the industry
- Compact and lightweight design
- Versatile to suit multiple industries
- Compatible with current and future Android releases
Cons of the Honeywell RT10A:
- Price. This device is not for a budget-conscious company. This device is designed for companies who need to get the job done.
Why We Love It: The RT10A offers the best specifications in the market. The design is incredible. Honeywell is a company that can be trusted.
2. Zebra ET40
Zebra is another company that produces the absolute best commercial tablets on the market. They’re famous for their dedication to detail on high-end tech, and it shows in all their products, including the Zebra ET40. Available with either 8-inch or 10-inch screens, the ET40 is a superb example of what Zebra is all about – great technology and great design.
Although the ET40 isn’t the latest device produced by Zebra, we put it higher up on the list as it is one of the most successful Zebra tablets to ever be built, and even though it is a few years old, it still reigns supreme for those looking for commercial tablets. Additionally, it is significantly cheaper than almost all competing models in the high-end commercial tablet division.
The ET40 still packs a lot into its cost-effective frame, with leading wireless connectivity, advanced communication, and built-in scanning, too. Thanks to this, it’s a particularly good fit for the manufacturing, warehousing, delivery, retail, and hospitality sectors.
What’s more, the ET40 has been designed with longevity in mind. Zebra offers lots of support to its users to help them get the most out of each device, and you can count on the ET40 to serve you well for years.
Pros of the Zebra ET40:
- The price is incredible, especially from a brand as reputable as Zebra
- The specs are incredible
- Excellent user support
- Powerful Mobility DNA technology to easily customize your device
Cons of the Zebra ET40:
- The ET40 doesn’t have the latest technology in comparison to the later Zebra models
Why We Love It: The ET40 has passed the test of time, is packed with premium technology, and all at a very fair price.
3. Zebra ET51
Sticking with Zebra, third place on our list goes to the Zebra ET51. This 8.4-inch or 10.1-inch device comes with a multi-touch display and your choice of either Windows or Android as the operating system. Users can also choose to have their ET51 fitted with an optional barcode scanner if needed for their commercial use.
There are a lot of options when buying this particular commercial tablet, as with most high-end commercial tablets. But, no matter which configuration you decide on, you’ll receive a light and slim, yet surprisingly durable device. The ET51 ranks among the thinnest models Zebra has ever made.
With a brilliant bright display, 2MP and 8MP front and rear cameras, various storage options, smart data capture features, and a super strong Gorilla Glass screen, the ET51 blends functionality and enterprise-grade strength in equal measure.
- Very rugged design for indoor or outdoor commercial use
- Lots of options to suit your needs
- Bright and clear display
- Affordable price
- It is not the latest option from Zebra
Why We Love It: The ET51 is super slim and highly versatile, with options to suit almost any industrial use, and it is a good balance between the ET40 and the ET60.
4. Janam HT1
As another tablet with an 8-inch screen, the Janam HT1 is one of the most compact commercial tablets on the list. But there’s a lot packed beneath its small build, including a super speedy octa-core processor and a long-lasting 8,200mAh battery.
With built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, and 4G LTE, the HT1 also offers spectacular connectivity options, along with IP67 protection and military-grade durability.
- Fast processor and decent memory
- Battery at 8,200mAh is above the industry standard and one of the highest on this list
- Affordable compared to the larger brand-name tablets
- Only one variation of the tablet. No customizable options like most commercial tablets
- Janam isn’t as strong of a brand as the larger companies
- The design isn’t great
Why We Love It: The Janam HT1 has a good price and a strong battery.
5. DT Research DT380Q
If you’re seeking a slim yet strong device for all your wireless computing needs, the DT Research DT380Q is worth considering. Like all the best commercial tablets, this device manages to be slim and light while also more than capable of coping with dust, splashes, and drops.
It has integrated data capture technology and 64GB of storage to boost productivity in fields like retail, hospitality, and warehouses, along with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and a very bright 8-inch display.
- Very easy to work with, even for beginners
- Optional built-in barcode scanner
- Military-grade durability
- Only one variation of the tablet, out of the box. If you need to customize the tablet, you will need to plan it out with our experts.
- DT Research isn’t as strong of a brand as Zebra, Honeywell and Panasonic
Why We Love It: The DT380Q is a beginner-friendly device with great storage and an affordable price tag.
6. Honeywell RT10W
Honeywell’s RT10W has a lot in common with the above-mentioned RT10A. It offers quick onboarding for new users, a high-quality 10-inch screen, FlexRange scanning technology, and decent cameras on both the front and back.
From retail employees to managers, this device can work well for many different uses. The only downside is the price, which may be out of reach for some businesses.
- Impressive technology throughout
- Fantastic communication and connectivity
- A bright, high-res screen
- Very expensive
Why We Love It: The RT10W is a veritable powerhouse, with some of the best tech in any commercial tablet.
7. DT Research DT382GL
Boasting a high-powered Intel processor and 8GB of RAM, the DT382GL makes no compromises when it comes to speed and performance. It runs on Windows 10 or 11, so you get a PC-like display and features. The tablet’s build boasts IP65 water and dust resistance to prevent common issues in commercial settings.
Designed with speedy user adoption and straightforward device management in mind, it’s a really easy and comfortable commercial tablet to work with.
- Strong processor and plenty of memory
- Decent resistance levels to splashes and dust
- Easy for new users to figure out
- Battery life could be better
Why We Love It: The DT382GL offers stronger performance than many of its rivals, without costing an extortionate amount.
8. Honeywell EDA10
Many Honeywell commercial tablets come with high price tags, but the EDA10, or ScanPal, isn’t one of them. It’s one of the most affordable entries on our list.
Aimed at providing speedy and reliable mobile data service for retail, warehouse, and fieldwork, this rugged 10-inch device offers full HD detail and speedy Wi-Fi 6 connectivity. It also comes fully loaded with Honeywell’s intuitive Device Client Pack software to help users get up and running in no time. On the flip side, the tablet sacrifices some of its general speed and performance, but is nevertheless more than capable of handling everyday tasks.
- A very fair price
- Excellent software and hardware
- Perfect for retail or warehouse work
- Not as fast or reliable as other models
Why We Love It: The EDA10 offers Honeywell’s industry-leading software experience at an accessible price.
9. Zebra ET56
The ET56 commercial tablet from Zebra comes with Windows Enterprise OS and enterprise-level durability, with either an 8.4-inch or 10.1-inch display.
At just half an inch in thickness, it upholds Zebra’s tradition of making super slim yet remarkably rugged devices, ready for use in rain, snow, or dusty warehouse spaces. Even the touchscreen is fully usable while wet, making this one of the toughest models on the market.
- Exceptionally thin and light
- Super sturdy exterior
- Two different display sizes
- Camera tech isn’t the best
Why We Love It: The ET56 is one of the best commercial tablets to choose for working outdoors in harsh environments.
10. Zebra L10ax
Part of Zebra’s XSlate range, the L10ax is a Windows tablet with a 10-inch screen. Marketed as a “go anywhere” device, this commercial tablet is tough enough for heavy-duty industrial use in fields like mining, utilities, construction, and more.
It offers the latest wireless connectivity, brilliant battery power, and an array of optional accessories to maximize versatility.
- Exceptional durability ratings
- Very long-lasting batteries
- Lots of add-ons to accessorize
- Very high price tag
Why We Love It: The L10ax gives a new definition to durability, ready for use in even the most dangerous places.
11. Getac T800
With an 8.1-inch screen, Getac’s T800 is another compact commercial tablet suitable for various working spaces. Easy to hold in a single hand, this tablet stands out for its ergonomic design and terrific battery life, which is more than good enough to see you through a full working day.
- Compact and convenient to use
- Very impressive battery strength
- Easy to snap accessories on or off
- The processor isn’t as fast as some other models
Why We Love It: The T800 sets the bar for ergonomics as one of the most comfortable tablets to work with.
12. Getac ZX10
If you want an intuitive and efficient commercial tablet that was built to last in even the harshest spaces, meet the Getac ZX10. This fully rugged Android tablet has a super strong outer casing to cope with knocks, drops, and bumps. It also offers superior camera tech to most rivals, with 8MP front and 16MP rear cameras.
- Strong and durable design
- Bright, detailed, multi-touch 10” display
- Crisp cameras
- Not the lightest model around
Why We Love It: The ZX10 excels in the strength department, tough enough to survive almost anywhere.
13. Panasonic Toughbook A3
As the name suggests, Panasonic’s Toughbook was designed with strength in mind, with a 5-foot drop rating. But it’s not just about ruggedness. This tablet also has an impressive octa-core processor, along with 4G LTE support and optional barcode and smart card readers. It also comes with its stylus, which can be handy for note-taking and form-filling, as well as five configurable buttons.
- Rugged yet aesthetically pleasing design
- Handy stylus for signing and jotting notes
- Various optional extras
- The series has been discontinued
Why We Love It: The Toughbook A3 reaches high levels of durability and efficiency.
14. Getac K120
With a 12-inch display, the GETAC K120 offers enhanced visibility and usability when compared to smaller models. There’s a lot of screen space to work with on this device, ideal for in-the-field multitasking. It also offers multiple usage modes and a whole suite of optional accessories to fine-tune your operations. On the tech side, the K120 continues to impress with a high-spec Intel processor, Iris Xe Graphics, and a fast-loading SSD.
- High-end components
- Lots of screen space
- Built to last for years of use
- Can’t be used with one hand
Why We Love It: The K120 is one of the best large-screen commercial tablets.
15. Unitech TB85+
Finally, we have Unitech’s TB85+, boasting an 8-inch display protected by Gorilla Glass 3, a lightweight design, and an 8,200mAh battery. It also comes with an octa-core CPU and Android 10 for smooth and efficient performance, and a 14-pin POGO connector, allowing you to easily insert an array of accessories, like barcode scanners and vehicle cradles.
- Flexible design for various industries
- Strong CPU and OS
- Endlessly versatile with add-ons and accessories
- The screen can be hard to see in bright light
Why We Love It: The TB85+ is one of the most flexible commercial tablets, thanks to its extensive suite of compatible accessories.
What Is Important to Look for in a Commercial Tablet
There are many factors to focus on when shopping for the best business tablets, including the price, screen size, performance levels, and durability. Here’s a quick breakdown of all the key features to focus on:
- Price: Most businesses will need to think carefully about the cost of new commercial tablets, ensuring that these devices fit with their budgets. This is particularly important for small businesses where budget is a concern.
- Screen Size: Commercial tablets can vary wildly in size, from mini handheld models with 7-inch displays to much larger units with 17-inch screens. Businesses will need to consider how employees use the tablets and select a suitable screen size to accommodate that.
- Performance: Of course, performance is another key concern when selecting a commercial tablet. Strong processing power and plenty of memory are essential components. However, camera specs or network capabilities sometimes take precedence.
- Durability: Often, commercial tablets are used in the field, carried out in warehouses, on shop floors, wheeled across hospitals, or even out in nature. They need to be rugged enough to cope with changing conditions and the occasional drop.
- Add-ons: Lastly, depending on the nature of your business, you might also require a commercial tablet that works with add-on accessories, like a credit card reader for the retail environment or a barcode scanner.
Talk to an Expert
As this guide has shown, there are many high-quality commercial tablets to choose from, varying in size, battery life, processing power, and more. With so many options, selecting the perfect commercial tablet for your business needs can be a challenge, and it’s important to avoid making the wrong choice.
That’s why, before rushing in and investing in any tablets, it’s best to speak with the pros. Reach out to the Energy Electronics team for expert advice and assistance. With years of experience and unparalleled expertise in commercial devices, we can help you find the perfect commercial tablets for your company. To get started, either give us a call or fill out our online contact form.