Tablets are incredibly convenient tools to use in various workplaces, particularly warehouse centers. The mobile nature of the devices makes it simple to manage inventory and process items while on the move. Due to a wide variety of available models, choosing the right tablet can be a challenge. That’s why we’ve rounded up the best tablets for warehouse use as well as some helpful apps that provide logistic and management solutions.
- Why Use a Tablet in the Warehouse
- Best Tablets for Warehouse Use
- What Programs to Download
- Choosing the Right Tablet for Your Warehouse
Why Use a Tablet in the Warehouse
Warehouses are only as efficient as their employees. However, for the employees to be efficient, they must have access to the proper tools. While forklifts and pallet jacks help to move products, accurately tracking and processing items is essential. This is where a tablet can help. There are dozens of benefits of using tablets in a warehouse, including:
- Inventory management. Running a warehouse requires a comprehensive Warehouse Management System (WMS), and tablets are the perfect solution for tracking and manipulating warehouse items.
- Asset management. With proper asset management, you make sure the tools used to perform business operations are easily found on-site. Tablets help track your assets, so you always know who has them, where they are located, and when to expect them back.
- Familiar system. Most workers are already familiar with the use of tablets, and it’s relatively straightforward to educate the ones who aren’t.
- Feature-packed. Tablets can replace desktop computers in so many ways. Plus, programmers can develop customized software for particular warehouse needs.
- Lightweight and Mobile. Tablets allow your workers to process data and communicate without bulky wired equipment and without being tethered to one location.
- Barcode Scanners. Many tablets come with pre-installed barcode or RFID scanners. This feature assures seamless data collection compared to manually inputting.
- Easy operating systems. Most tablets are built with Windows or Android operating systems. This makes them relatively straightforward to integrate into your existing systems. Also, choosing a Windows-operating tablet helps run any software you could typically find on a desktop, eliminating the need to go back to the computer for data input.
- Business analytics tool. With all processes recorded on the tablet, managers get direct insight into the workflow processes and can quickly react or analyze specific situations.
Best Tablets for Warehouse Use
Consumer-grade tablets are great, there’s no doubt about that. However, due to their thin and fragile design, they often can’t withstand harsh warehouse working conditions. That’s why rugged tablets are the best solution here. These devices are durable enough to handle heavy physical contact and run in extreme environments. They’re also dust, dirt, and waterproof, and their batteries are specifically designed to eliminate downtime.
We’ve handpicked seven of the market’s best solutions, and here is their overview:
Getac UX10 is a versatile tablet designed for rugged performance environments, including warehouse and logistics. What makes this device stand out is a myriad of tailor-made accessories and Intel Core CPU solutions to match every work situation. The company doesn’t publish prices for their UX10 model, but you can request a quote by clicking on the link we provided in this product description.
This tablet has a 10.1-inch screen with a 1920×1200 pixel resolution and runs on Windows 10 Pro. It’s also relatively heavy (2.6 pounds) and has a 4200mAh battery. The great news is that it fully supports digital transformation offering BT, Wi-Fi, and 4g LTE connectivity.
Sonim RS80 Rugged Tablet is your all-in-one mobile computer, smart scanner, and smartphone. This flawlessly crafted device comes with an 8-inch display and a user-replaceable battery that lasts through multiple shifts. One of the best features of this robust tablet is that it comes with a built-in scanner that allows high-speed barcode scanning even on worn tags.
By implementing RS80 in your warehouse, you can rest assured that it will withstand potential drops, thanks to its fully rugged design. It’s also a glove-friendly and sunlight-readable solution, making it highly versatile. The tablet has both Wi-Fi and 4G LTE capabilities so you can remain connected from any location.
Sonim RS80 runs on Android 10, which has a user-friendly interface that most workers are already familiar with, and has a 64GB ROM and 4GB RAM. It uses a Qualcomm MSM8953 Pro and Octa-core 2.2GHz chipset, and weighing only 1.4 pounds, making it one of the more lightweight rugged tablets on the market. It also comes at a relatively affordable price point for a tablet with this many features.
Important Note: This is a top contester in the tablets for sale in the warehouse category! It is also our best warehouse tablet from the list.
Dell Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme Tablet
Latitude 7220EX is one of the single most robust rugged tablets on the market. Its military-grade durability makes sure this device maintains peak performance at all times. It is also one of the most expensive tablets that made our list, but if you’re looking for a rugged beast that will easily perform even the most demanding tasks, then Latitude 7220EX is worth considering.
This device is relatively heavy, weighing 3.6 pounds, and it can be mounted on a forklift. It has an 11.6-inch screen, runs on an 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8365U CPU, and comes with 512GB storage.
Zebra XSlate Android L10
Zebra’s XSlate L10 tablet is a decent tablet with various tablet configurations and a shared ecosystem to easily connect on a new level. Extremely durable, this tablet can withstand drops up to six feet, is dust and waterproof, but also quite heavy – 2.6 pounds has a glove or wet touch display that makes it suitable for all working environments.
This tablet runs on Android 8.1 Oreo, has a 10.1-inch screen, and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core 2.2GHz CPU. Memory-wise, it has a decent 64GB or 128GB eMMC along with 4GB or 8GB RAM. Its removable battery makes it a great long-term solution, but it’s not the most powerful tablet on our list.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3
For those used to the Samsung ecosystem, Galaxy Tab Active3 is an excellent warehouse solution. This rugged tablet is dust and waterproof and has been purposely built to withstand shocks and drops. What makes this device stand out is the No Battery Mode, making room for all-day operations such as forklifting without battery use.
Galaxy Tab Active3 comes with an 8-inch display, a 5,050 mAh replaceable battery, 128GB or 64GB ROM and 4GB RAM storage, and an excellent 13MP rear camera resolution. There is Wi-Fi and an LTE version to suit every connection type.
Panasonic TOUGHBOOK 33
Toughbook 33 is the company’s first fully rugged tablet designed for work in demanding conditions. This is a 2-in-1 device, meaning it comes with an attachable keyboard that allows it to double as a laptop. Its tablet mode makes it equally durable as other competitors on our list. It comes with various certifications proving its shock, drops, and dust-resistant.
One downside is that the battery doesn’t last as long (1990mAh), but you can always buy extended batteries to double the run time to 20 hours. This is a lightweight tablet, weighing only 0.6 pounds. It has a 12-inch screen with a 2160×1440 resolution and runs on an Intel Core i5-7300U CPU.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active Pro
Galaxy Tab Active Pro is yet another Samsung product to make it to our list. Samsung designed this robust, fully rugged tablet to withstand harsh conditions and perfectly fit warehouse use. The S Pen and Enhanced Touch feature allows note-taking or data entry under different weather conditions and when working with gloves.
This robust device comes with a 10.1-inch display, an impressive 7,600mAh battery, and 64GB ROM and 4GB RAM storage. Weight-wise, it’s somewhere in the middle compared to competitor tablets, weighing 1.4 pounds. One downside is that network-wise, Galaxy Tab Active Pro only works on Wi-Fi.
Panasonic Toughbook A3
Toughbook A3 is by far the most robust tablet Panasonic has released. It’s an excellent device for warehouse work as it’s fully rugged and comes with a variety of customizations for both indoor and outdoor workers, and has a five-foot drop rating. It also has a rain and glove touch-friendly screen that makes it suitable for all markets.
This tablet comes with a 10.1-inch display, five user-defined buttons for enhanced functionality, a dual swap battery, and it runs on Android 9 Pie. It has a relatively short battery life compared to competitors (3,200mAh) that allow nine hours of operation.
A great option for warehouse tablets for sale.
What Programs to Download for Your Warehouse Tablet
Having a robust and durable tablet is a massive step towards enhanced warehouse workflow. Another step closer to perfect work management is equipping the tablets with just the right apps. Technology is constantly developing and there are some fantastic solutions that streamline a lot of the tedious processes. That’s why we handpicked a few great solutions for any warehouse:
- Ramp Systems Enterprise WMS. This third-party warehouse management systems and integration app helps manage and track material movements across a warehouse or between multiple locations. Using this app, managers have complete control over the inventory and can handle various day-to-day warehouse operations.
- inFlow Inventory. Every warehouse needs powerful inventory software. inFlow is just that. This app lets you manage stock across multiple locations, scan to pick, transfer, or ship, generate barcodes and labels, pull eCommerce orders, and much more.
- OrderWise. OrderWise Warehouse Management System automatically records and guides every operation, replacing outdated pencil and paper processes. The program also encompasses stock control, order management, warehouse automation, and a purchase order system.
- iM3 Supply Chain Management Suite. This program allows companies to manage their supply chain, including production, inventory, warehouse, distribution, and more. With a minimal upfront investment, this is a flexible pay-as-you-go solution with great warehouse management features.
Choosing the Right Tablet for Your Warehouse
All of the rugged tablets mentioned above provide numerous benefits for warehouse work. They are a powerful, compact, and durable solution to help streamline day-to-day warehouse processes. Hopefully, you now have a clear picture of how warehouses can benefit from tablets, what the best ones are for this working environment, and which apps to use to bring your workflow to the next level.
For assistance in choosing the best rugged tablet for your warehouse, reach out to Energy Electronics for more information to receive a bulk quote. We offer amazing sale and bulk rates.