If you’re looking for an all-around rugged tablet for manufacturing, warehousing, retail, and fleet-based operations, Janam HT1 is a must-try. This powerhouse has the latest hardware and powerful software ready to deliver exceptional results from Day 1. Here’s what Janam HT1 has to offer and why you should consider it to streamline your business processes.
Are you ready to purchase the Janam HT1? Talk to our tech experts in order to get the top industry quote in the market! We will respond within 1 business hour.
Janam HT1 is a 10/10. This handy rugged tablet is slim, light, and highly functional. We love its blazing-fast CPU, modern design, and whopping 8,200 mAh battery. In short, this tablet has it all for industry-specific use cases.
|Operating System||Android 9 (Pie), Google Mobile Services (GMS)|
|Memory||4 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC Flash|
|Processor||Octa-core 2.0 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625|
|Dimensions||9.25 x 5.74 x 0.57 inches or 235 x 146 x 14.5 mm|
|Weight||22.7 ounces or 645 grams|
|Display||8-inch HD Corning Gorilla Glass 3 with 400+ nits|
|Imager||1D / 2D imager (optional)|
|Camera||13 MP rear, 5 MP front|
|Wireless Communication||WWAN, WLAN, GPS, Bluetooth 4.1|
|Battery||8200 mAh, 3.8 V, rechargeable Li-on|
The Janam HT1 costs from $1,000 to $1,600. The price of the device varies depending on the specifications and setup. You can get a rugged tablet with or without a barcode imager, as well as numerous accessories. The experts at Energy Electronics can help you choose the ideal setup for your needs, so you only spend the money on features you’ll use.
Pros and Cons
This rugged tablet has numerous advantages. Its durable design can withstand harsh work environments and up to five feet of drops. The Janam HT1 is also resistant to dust. You’ll love its long battery life that can easily last for more than two shifts when used moderately. It’s possible to change the hot-swappable battery or get an extra piece for days of uninterrupted service if needed.
The HT1 has an ergonomic design and is ideal for use with one hand. It can even pass as a consumer tablet due to its sleek and slim look. The slate design makes the HT1 extremely portable and comfortable to use. You can count on its high-end performance and speed so your workflow can run as smoothly as possible.
Another major benefit is the 8-inch capacitive screen that performs well under various conditions, including the bright outdoors. The weight of the device is only 22.7 ounces, and considering the impressive battery capacity, this is a great deal. Users with small hands or those who find the tablet heavy can always rely on a hand strap for a better grip.
Users can also benefit from numerous connectivity options, like with most other tablets, from Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 4G LTE, NFC, and more. The wireless communication solutions make this device suitable for use anytime, anywhere. The Janam HT1 has an IP67 rating and a MIL-STD-810G certificate for resistance to vibrations, changes in altitude, water, and more.
While the Janam HT1 is a great option, no device is perfect. This rugged tablet has a relatively lower processing power compared to competitors in the same price range. If you plan on using this tablet for multitasking, you may find it lags behind more advanced competitors with more robust hardware setups. Still, the octa-core processor working at 2.0 GHz is nothing to sneeze at.
You may also find certain apps to be incompatible with the outdated Android 9 version this tablet runs on.
The Janam HT1 also has limited storage space compared to the competitors in the same price range. With 64 GB of flash memory, you risk running out of memory months after extensive use. If your job relies on taking tons of pictures and videos, you should consider an expansion. Fortunately, the tablet has a user-accessible micro SD card slot along with SDXC support. You can add 256 GB of additional storage and have peace of mind. Ultimately, a cloud subscription where you can automatically upload your files can save you from trouble if you run out of storage on the tablet.
Overall, Janam HT1 has all the specs to meet the needs of the most demanding tasks in various industries, including manufacturing, field service, and logistics.
Display, Cameras, and Scanners
The Janam HT1 has a robust display setup with an 8-inch HD screen. The readability is relatively good indoors and outdoors, with brightness going up to 400 nits. The screen has Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection against drops, cracks, and scratches. Rest assured that Janam HT1’s display can withstand harsh work environments.
The resolution of the display is 1280 x 720 pixels, which is more than enough to ensure clear and vibrant visuals. Users can operate the screen with wet hands and gloves without a hitch.
The Janam HT1 has an optional barcode scanner and an RFID reader. The scanner has a 1D and 2D imager to capture any type of barcode. The RFID reader is a great asset for inventory management, pet tracking, inventory control, vehicle tracking, cargo and logistics, customer service, and many other use cases.
The rear camera of the Janam HT1 has a 13-megapixel auto-focus lens, an LED flash, and support for barcode reading. You can capture high-quality videos and images and use the camera for inventory management and many other business applications.
The front camera has a 5 MP imager and can be used for online meetings, video calls, and as an additional data capture feature.
Finally, the NFC/RFID reader can read ISO14443 Type A, ISO14443 Type B, and IEC15693 files. Overall, Janam HT1 is a robust, rugged tablet with numerous data-capturing options. It doesn’t fall short of the advanced features you’ll see in other competitors.
Operating System and Programs
The Janam HT1 runs on an Android 9 operating system. The 9th version of Android may not be the latest, but it still offers excellent productivity features you’ll find in most newer versions. Plus, you can update the system to Android 10 upon purchase.
The device also has support for Google Mobile Services (GMS), meaning you have access to a range of programs like:
- Google Drive – Store files online and have easy access from any device. All you need is a Google account. You get 5 GB of free storage, but you can easily upgrade for additional storage space.
- Maps – Use Google Maps for your transportation, logistics, and other tasks that require going to or exploring different locations worldwide.
- Hangouts – This app makes text messaging, chatting, and video calling a breeze. Use Hangouts on your device to keep in touch with your team and make information sharing more effective.
Since Janam HT1 is an Android device, you have access to all the apps from the Google Play Store. You can filter the programs by categories and install the ones that can help boost your productivity, note-taking, data capturing, cloud data storage, and other aspects and tasks of your business.
If your company or team has a developer, they can create customized apps for Android 9 for a more personalized experience. The company also offers specialized industry software for some of its rugged tablet models.
How to Purchase Janam HT1
Janam HT1 is a versatile and robust rugged tablet well worth the investment. But how can you purchase one?
Getting your essential work technology pieces from Amazon and other e-commerce websites is not always a good idea. Given the complexity of Janam HT1’s specs and the availability of multiple accessories and settings, the purchase can be challenging. You may need expert advice on the best combination of features and add-ons for your industry. That’s why contacting Energy Electronics for a suggestion is the best decision you can make. As verified resellers, EE will deliver an original product with bulk purchases and available discounts.
Markets and Applications
Janam HT1 is equipped with robust features and hardware that make it suitable for a range of markets and applications. Here’s an overview of the most popular ones.
- Warehousing – Track your inventory, enhance data entry, reduce human error, and boost communication across the team. The Janam HT1’s fast scanner will make it easy to scan hundreds of labels in minutes, improving warehouse productivity big time.
- Manufacturing – One such scanner in manufacturing enhances the accuracy and productivity of employees. Users can scan barcodes fast and reduce manual data entry. As a result, the chance of error decreases. You can also receive real-time updates on inventory levels and use the tablet in demanding environments.
- Logistics and transportation – Streamlined communication between drivers and dispatchers, wireless connectivity for real-time data sharing, and the possibility of RFID scanning are all the results of using Janam HT1 in logistics and transportation.
- Retail – More efficient inventory management, faster checkouts, better customer service, and reduced errors in stocking and pricing are the main benefits of using a Janam HT1 in retail.
- Field service – A rugged tablet boosts accuracy and efficiency by operating in areas where traditional phones can’t. You can also use the barcode scanner to quickly enter data and save important information like schematics or manuals for easy access on the site.
- Fleet-based operations – The durability and versatility of Janam HT1 make it a great addition to fleet-based operation teams. Due to its portability, workers can carry the tablet around on the go. They also save costs by lowering paperwork, boosting efficiency, and streamlining work processes.
- First responders – First responders need a reliable and durable device to identify and capture data and communicate their findings back to the team. Janam HT1 has all the features to support first responders and make their job faster.
Janam HT1 Review
Janam HT1 has wide use across industries. Many online reviews show how beneficial and valuable this device is for teams across the world. Here’s an overview of some of our favorite feedback:
“I work as a first responder in a remote village in Indiana and often work on projects that require multitasking, like capturing and sharing data. Janam HT1 has made my job so much easier because I no longer have to collect information manually. The scanner saves me hours on the field every week. Janam HT1 is a powerful tablet that never fails, even in extremely low Midwest winter temperatures.”
“When I first bought Janam HT1 for my team, I was skeptical about it being able to handle large amounts of data capturing. We have to scan hundreds of products every day, upload them to the cloud, and then organize and distribute them further in the production chain. Not once did Janam HT1 fail to deliver. I’m impressed with the accuracy of the imager, which can even scan barcodes with scratches. My employees are faster and happier, and the business is doing better than ever. Grateful for the find!”
“The Janam HT1 is one of those tablets you get for your business and never look back. It has helped me in my retail work more than I can describe. This simple device has reshaped how my store works, from inventory management to payments to team communication. That’s what I call a successful purchase.”
“Janam HT1 is a go-to rugged tablet in our logistics company. Product identification has never been easier, and now that I can share it with my supervisor in an instant, things have gotten so much faster and better for me. I even considered quitting my job at one point because the manual work took too long, and I was behind with the schedule. Fortunately, I found Janam HT1 right on time.”
“Our clients and employees saw improvements just days after we bought four Janam HT1s for the team. The checkout process is now a breeze, and inventory management is not as time-consuming anymore. It’s a win-win situation, and I couldn’t be happier about it!”
Power and Batteries
The Janam HT1 runs on a hot-swappable battery with an 8,200 mAh capacity. Considering that a regular smartphone has around 3,000 mAh and lasts for a day, the Janam HT1 power is an excellent deal. If you’re someone who requires extensive tablet usage, you’ll be relieved to know HT1 has got you covered for the whole shift. The battery runs on 3.8 V and recharges fast. Additional batteries are available to back up the original one when charging is not an option.
Accessories and Add-ons
The Janam HT1 has a range of useful accessories you can purchase together with the device. Contact the experts at Energy Electronics to get the best deal for your specific needs and preferences.
- Vehicle cradle – Using your Janam HT1 during rides is crucial to always keeping productivity up. The vehicle cradle addon will make your rides smoother and less stressful because you can always boost your Janam’s battery while on the road.
- Desktop charging cradle – Make your Janam HT1 close to you even when charging. The desktop charging cradle makes it possible to charge your device and keep it working uninterruptedly. You don’t have to remove the battery. Simply place the tablet on the cradle, and you’re all set.
- Hand strap – A hand strap comes in handy when you have tons of work to do around the warehouse, retail shop, or logistics area but want to keep your tablet at hand. The hand strap available for Janam HT1 is built from heavy-duty materials and stays put while you do your job. We highly recommend it for all use cases that require walking and holding the device at the same time.
- Battery – A standard battery with an 8,200 mAh capacity at 3.8 V is also available as an accessory. It’s always a good idea to have a spare unit in case the current one dies.
- 2D Imager – If you want to expand your Janam HT1 functionality to enhance your data-capturing strategy, consider the 2D imager attachment.
Talk to an Expert
Janam HT1 is undoubtedly one of the most versatile and cost-effective rugged tablets on the market. Suitable for various applications, this device can operate at a wide range of temperatures and is available in multiple formats.
Contact Energy Electronics experts by filling out the short form below, and we’ll get back to you in one business hour with a customized product recommendation. Don’t spend a dollar more than you have to – we’ll help make the most economical purchase packed with value.