Due to the often unpredictable environment of field service and similar occupations, you’ll need a trusty companion that allows seamless data capture, effective communication, and high-speed connectivity under any circumstances. And that’s exactly what the Honeywell ScanPal EDA10A tablet delivers. Here’s everything you need to know about this dependable and robust tablet.
Do you want a rugged tablet that would help your business operations? You can fill out the form below to talk to a tech expert.
The durable design, powerful barcode scanner, and rich assortment of enterprise software make the Honeywell ScanPal EDA10A a top-notch rugged tablet for even the most demanding business environments. Take one look at its impressive specifications, and its 9.5/10 ranking shouldn’t come as a surprise.
|10.12 x 6.56 x 0.46 inches
|10.1 inches, Gorilla Glass 5 1920 x 1200 (Full HD)
|Rear: 16-megapixel color cameraFront: 8-megapixel color camera
|Li-Ion, 8,000 mAh
|Qualcomm Snapdragon SM4350-ACOcta-Core (up to 2.2 gigahertz)
|S0703 Slim Imager (1D/2D barcode symbologies)
|Wi-Fi 6, WLAN, Bluetooth Class 5.1, NFC
You can buy a standard version of the Honeywell ScanPal EDA10A rugged tablet for around $800. However, like many rugged tablets of this caliber, the EDA10A can be customized and upgraded with a range of programs, add-ons, and accessories. In other words, the price can vary dramatically based on your exact specifications.
To avoid any guesswork, contact a certified reseller for a quote. Talk to our Energy Electronics experts, tell them what you need, and you’ll know precisely how much it will cost you.
Suppose you’re looking to make a bulk purchase for your organization. In that case, Energy Electronics can also inform you about bulk pricing options and potential volume discounts. Reach out today to get a personalized quote and unlock the full potential of this versatile device for your business.
Pros and Cons
While primarily designed to facilitate scanning in demanding environments (functionality at which the Honeywell ScanPal EDA10A excels), this tablet has many more impressive features to offer.
Being built to withstand harsh conditions, the EDA10A will be your faithful companion in various conditions. Its impressive drop specifications (multiple 4.30-foot drops to concrete) tell you that you don’t have to be overly cautious while handling this tablet. Throw a protective boot into the mix, and its ruggedness becomes even more impressive.
Thanks to the tablet’s IP65 rating, you can also count on this ruggedness outside, and in the field. This rating means the EDA10A is completely sealed against dust ingress and can withstand low-pressure water jets from any direction.
In terms of connectivity, the EDA10A is equipped with the latest Wi-Fi 6 technology. But what does this mean for your everyday operations? Well, it means you and your employees will be able to enjoy faster and more efficient data transfer and seamless connectivity. Communication will also be smooth sailing, even in densely connected environments where multiple devices are competing for bandwidth.
Although the Honeywell ScanPal EDA10A is an all-around excellent device, there are a few downsides to note. These primarily concern the tablet’s size and bulkiness. Although a 10.1-inch screen is pretty standard for a tablet, users who prioritize portability might find this device challenging to manipulate in a demanding environment. The same goes for the tablet’s weight. But opt for one of the carrying or handling accessories, and you’ll significantly improve the device’s portability and comfort.
Display, Cameras, and Scanners
Equipped with a big, bright 10-inch full-high-definition (FHD) display, the Honeywell ScanPal EDA10A offers crystal-clear graphics for enhanced readability. Not only does this display provide exceptional image quality and sharpness, but it also boasts impressive protection.
With Gorilla Glass 5 for its touchscreen, no scratches, cracks, or damage will disrupt your user experience. Even if you accidentally drop your tablet on a hard, rough surface display first, the EDA10A should remain intact.
When it comes to cameras, you’ll be happy to know the EDA10A is equipped with two excellent options. The 16-megapixel rear-facing auto-focus camera can help you capture images or videos of work progress for documentation and reporting purposes. And with a solid 8-megapixel front-facing color camera, you can engage in quality video calls, facilitating seamless collaboration wherever you’re located.
Although both the display and the cameras are quite impressive, the scanner is undoubtedly the star of the show. The built-in enterprise-level S0703 imager can scan virtually any barcode hassle-free, even damaged ones. Besides its performance, you’ll be blown away by its speed, which makes high-volume data capture a breeze.
The imager can handle both 1D and 2D barcode symbologies. Just make sure to enable the ones you need in the Scan Demo app. For optimum performance, scan barcodes at a slight angle.
Operation System and Programs
By default, the Honeywell ScanPal EDA10A runs the trusty Android 12 operating system. However, you can upgrade it to Android 14, unlocking greater app support and security enhancements.
On the software front, the device comes equipped with the Honeywell Device Client Pack (DCP), which features the Honeywell Launcher, a customizable application manager, and Honeywell Enterprise Browser for running web-based applications.
Of course, this is just the beginning. The EDA10A provides support for numerous optional software tools, so you can enrich your device with some of the following programs:
- Smart Talk. This unified communications software allows you to connect all your employees through superior voice and video calling with enterprise-grade security. Call statistics, voice, and messaging encryption, and network monitoring are just some of the features this program offers.
- Honeywell Operational Intelligence. Use this optimization software to monitor and analyze your assets and processes in real-time and convert the findings into actionable data.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions. With numerous third-party applications and content management solutions, the EDA10A can quickly become a productivity powerhouse at your fingertips.
How to Purchase Honeywell ScanPal EDA10A Rugged Tablet
The many available upgrades and optimizations mean that the Honeywell ScanPal EDA10A tablet can be tailored to meet the exact business needs of your organization. However, this high level of customization also means that you’ll probably need help purchasing this device. Otherwise, you might end up with a bunch of features you don’t need, while those that perfectly align with your business needs are nowhere to be seen.
To avoid this unfortunate scenario, get in touch with the Honeywell experts at Energy Electronics. With their depth of knowledge and experience, the tablet configuration you get will check all the boxes for your organization’s needs. The result? Maximized efficiency, productivity, and accuracy across all operational workflows.
Markets and Applications
What do you get when you combine sturdy construction, protective features, and advanced connectivity options? You get a rugged and dependable device that can handle the demands of various industries and applications. Check out some of the areas where the Honeywell ScanPal EDA10A tablet excels.
- Retail. The EDA10A can be a retail worker’s best friend every step of the way. From allowing quick access to high-resolution product images and training videos in the early days to facilitating efficient team coordination and communication even during the most hectic of weeks, every day is a productive workday with this device. You can also use the EDA10A to implement contactless payment solutions, courtesy of a high-performance NFC reader.
- Warehousing. With a highly accurate, no-nonsense imager, the EDA10A turns any warehouse into a well-oiled machine, making inventory management, order fulfillment, and quality control a breeze.
- Manufacturing. On a fast-paced and potentially hazardous manufacturing floor, it’s all about the survival of the fittest. Luckily, the EDA10A can rise to this challenge and remain intact despite all the dangers lurking. How? With MIL-STD-810H drop specifications, Gorilla Glass 5 display, and an IP65 rating, of course.
- Transportation. The EDA10A is undoubtedly a communications powerhouse. It shouldn’t come as any surprise, therefore, that this device can make life easier for drivers across numerous industries. Throw incredible GPS support into the mix, and there isn’t a single route that this tablet can’t map out and navigate with ease.
- Field service. When you’re out there in the field, you need a flexible and versatile device that can guarantee uninterrupted operation regardless of the conditions. And that’s exactly what you’ll get with the Honeywell ScanPal EDA10A tablet. Best of all? You’ll be able to operate the device even if your hands are wet or oily or you’re wearing gloves.
Honeywell ScanPal EDA10A Rugged Tablet Review
The reviews for the Honeywell ScanPal EDA10A rugged tablet are overwhelmingly positive. Here’s just a taste of what satisfied users have to say about this device.
“I work in retail and have no trouble carrying the EDA10A tablet around all day (unlike the previous one we had!). It’s pretty lightweight and thin, especially considering all the things you can do with it. In my store, we mostly use it to coordinate the front and back ends, and it’s been quite effortless so far.”
“I manage a warehouse, and the Honeywell ScanPal EDA10A tablet has been a game-changer for my team. It has all but transformed our inventory management process and saved us tons of time and effort. I highly recommend it.”
“Finally a tablet that I can drop without worrying about the screen smashing into smithereens!”
“As a driver, I must say this tablet has made my daily journeys on the road much easier to handle. I love that I can get accurate turn-by-turn directions wherever I go. It saved me from getting lost countless times. I also love the user-friendly interface. I don’t have to pull over to see instructions or receive calls from the dispatcher. It’s all very intuitive and hands-free.”
Power and Batteries
The Honeywell ScanPal EDA10A comes with a large, 8,000mAh battery that allows a full shift of uninterrupted work. And that’s the bare minimum. This lithium-ion battery should last for at least 12 hours (and that’s 12 hours of straight use!).
If, however, you or your employees need to pull a double shift, you can always hot-swap the battery with a fresh replacement, ready to keep you going without any downtime. Just make sure you only use Honeywell-supported batteries, carefully read the provided instructions, and ensure the battery is dry before inserting it into the tablet.
Charge the empty battery immediately to have it on hand when needed. Do so in the single charging dock, and it will take you about five and a half hours. Switch to a QC/PD wall adapter, and you’ll cut the charging time down to two and a half hours.
Accessories and Addons
Investing in accessories and add-ons to go with your EDA10A will take your user experience and the tablet’s capabilities to the next level. But don’t go off buying these helpful additions at random. Consult with our experts at Energy Electronics to figure out which accessories are truly essential for your organization’s needs.
Regardless of your choice, you should exclusively use Honeywell accessories and power adapters, as this is the only way to ensure optimal compatibility and minimize the risk of any damage.
Check out some of the most frequently bought EDA10A accessories and add-ons:
- Single Charging Dock. Whether booted or non-booted, this dock will efficiently charge one EDA10A device at a time. Opt for the Quad Bay Charging Base if you want to charge more tablets simultaneously (up to four). These docks will fit your tablet even if it’s wearing the Protective Boot accessory.
- Display Dock. With this accessory, your EDA10A will go from a tablet to a personal computer in a matter of seconds. Throw a keyboard and mouse into the mix, and you’ve got yourself a full workstation setup in the field.
- Rotating Hand Strap. The Rotating Hand Strap does two things for your comfort and this tablet’s ease of use: it allows one-handed operation and rotates the tablet 360 degrees.
- Shoulder Strap. If you need your hands free completely, drop your EDA10A into the Shoulder Strap and carry on with ease. Best of all? Your trusty tablet is right there when you need it again.
- Carrying Case. Heading for a full day of work in the field? Throw all the necessary accessories and your EDA10A into this handy Carrying Case, and you’re ready to go.
- Mount Plate. If you need to use the EDA10A in your vehicle, this is the addon to get.
- Stylus with Tether. This accessory will be the perfect addition for anyone whose job requires precise data input in challenging environments.
It’s perfectly understandable to get overwhelmed by all the information surrounding the Honeywell ScanPal EDA10A tablet. But don’t worry; Energy Electronics is here to help. Fill out the contact form on our website, and our Honeywell experts will get back to you promptly.