Honeywell CT45 XP is your go-to mid-range rugged computer with the latest hardware and software configuration. It’s suitable for use in a range of industries, from retail to warehousing to logistics. Here’s what Honeywell CT45 XP has to offer and how it can help enhance your workflow.
The CT45 XP is a solid 9.5/10. The advanced features, camera, and robust battery make it one of the best mobile computers on the market. We would give it a 10/10 if there was support for the latest Android version.
|CPU||Qualcomm QCS4290/QCM4290 octa-core, 2.0 GHz|
|Operating System||Android 11|
|Display||Full HD 1920 x 1080, 5 inches (12.7 cm)|
|Dimensions||163 mm x 79 mm x 19.2 mm|
|Camera||Front and rear, 8 MP front|
|Battery||Li-Ion, 4,020 mAh, 3.85 V|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth 5.1, WLAN, RFID, GPS, LTE|
|Operating Temperature||-20 C to 50 C (-4 F to 122 F)|
|Scanner||Decode Capability (1D/2D scan engine)|
|Memory||4 GB RAM, 64 FB Flash; 6 GB RAM, 64 GB Flash;|
Honeywell CT45 XP Pricing
The Honeywell CT45 XP price varies, ranging from $1,300 to $1,700. The variety of setups, accessories, and formats can affect the cost.
If you’re unsure about the right configuration for your specific needs, the experts at Energy Electronics can help. We take into account your needs, budget, and preferences to suggest the perfect Honeywell CT45 XP setup that will fit your budget and offer all the features you need.
Pros and Cons
A major benefit of the Honeywell CT45 XP mobile computer is its durability. This tablet is fully rugged and suitable for use in harsh environments. It’s resistant to dust, drops, water, and spills. You will be relieved to know that accidentally dropping CT45 XP from five feet in a warehouse or logistics setting won’t be the end of the device.
The long battery life is another benefit. The battery runs for up to 12 hours, and you can even change it while your tablet is running. As a result, you get uninterrupted productivity day in and out. The interface of Honeywell devices is easy to use, making it one of the most user-friendly portable computer manufacturers.
You’ll also love the Honeywell CT45 XP for its robust performance. The fast processor, plenty of extended storage options, and a scan engine make it versatile and suitable for multiple applications.
Although it’s packed with benefits, Honeywell CT45 XP isn’t a perfect device. It may feel too heavy for some users when used for extended periods of time. Additionally, the rugged computer lacks some of the more advanced connectivity options like 5G. As a result, you may find it to be too expensive for some use cases.
Overall, you’re looking at a reliable and durable device that has a lot to offer. Still, it’s important to weigh the pros and cons to make the best decision.
Display, Cameras, and Scanners
The display of the CT45 XP is 5 inches or 12.7 cm. The full high-definition display resolution of 1920 x 1080 provides a sharp and clear image. You can zoom in on the image or video details and look at presentations, graphs, and charts with high accuracy.
The device has a capacitive touchscreen with support for multi-touch, making navigation seamless and intuitive. The display also has Corning Gorilla Glass protection for additional peace of mind and a scratch-free experience.
The brightness of the display is at a minimum of 450nits on a full white screen. This means you can easily use the Honeywell CT45 XP outdoors in bright conditions.
The Honeywell CT45 XP has a 13 MP rear camera and an 8 MP front imager. The rear camera comes with autofocus, LED flash for low-light settings, and the ability for 1D and 2D scans. You can scan any barcode and make your data capture efforts more efficient.
Use the cameras to take videos and images, hold video calls, take selfies, and more, just as you would with a regular smartphone. The camera specs make Honeywell CT45 XP a versatile tool for sharing visual information in rough environments.
The integrated 1D/2D barcode scanner has a range of up to 15 meters and reads barcodes from different surfaces like plastic, paper, and screens. The scanning speed is up to 60 frames per second, and you can count on it to scan labels or codes that are damaged, scratched, or poorly printed.
With the addition of wireless connectivity options like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and cellular, you can exchange the data you capture in real-time. The scanner is usable in many industries, like retail, logistics, and transportation.
The Honeywell CT45 XP also has an integrated NFC reader compliant with the following:
- ISO/IEC 14443A
- ISO/IEC 14443 B
- ISO/IEC 15693
- ISO/IEC 18092 (Type F)
- MIFARE 1K/4K
- MIFARE DESFire
- Sony FeliCa
Operating System and Programs
The Honeywell CT45 XP runs on Android 11. The manufacturer has provided support for upgrades to at least Android 13, with committed support for Android 14 and 15. The RAM is 6 GB DDR4x, while the UFS Flash is 64 GB. The built-in storage may not be sufficient for storing and accumulating large files over an extended time period, but you can add up to 512 GB of additional storage via a micro SD card. The device is compliant with SDXC, SDHC, and SDIO formats.
As far as connectivity options are concerned, version 5.1 Bluetooth and BLE give you a range of options for file sharing across devices. It also supports numerous GPS protocols like Galileo, Simultaneous GNSS Receiver Support for GPS, GLONASS, and Beidou.
Finally, there are numerous WWAN options available:
- AT&T FirstNet
- eSIM, NanoSIM
- WWAN Radio
Some in-built software available by Honeywell that you can also use on CT45 XP include:
- Honeywell Operational Intelligence. This software performs data analysis and conversion so you get actionable insights. It also offers numerous automation solutions to manage your workflow and drive productivity. The software is used in retail, distribution centers, transportation and logistics, and healthcare.
- Honeywell Trace. Data collection software and change management system that documents information 300 times more frequently than competitors. You can use this tool to reduce effort, time, and error in your workflows across industries. Accelerate project planning, identify anomalies in your engineering projects, and much more.
- Honeywell Smart Talk. The Smart Talk software handles fragmented communication issues by offering industry-grade security. Hold online meetings, make calls, send texts and media, and more directly from your Honeywell CT45 XP.
- Mobility Edge Platform. Honeywell has a Mobility Edge platform that integrates hardware, software, and operating system into one robust eco-system. The platform promotes fast deployment, optimizes workflow and application performance, and keeps your OS updated at all times.
Given that the device is Android, you can download any app you want from the Google Play Store.
How to Purchase Honeywell CT45 XP
Honeywell CT45 XP is a powerful mobile computer with plenty of functionalities. While you may be able to purchase this device at e-Commerce websites at a lower price, we highly recommend going for a more professional approach. After all, you want to invest your money knowing the investment is backed by support, warranty, and quality.
The experts at Energy Electronics can not only recommend the best CT45 XP configuration for your needs but also offer the device for the best market price. Buying securely means buying wisely, and EE fully supports your right to have reliable and reputable devices as part of your work routine.
Markets and Applications
The Honeywell CT45 XP is suitable for use in a range of markets and industries. Here’s a detailed overview.
- Logistics and transportation. The Honeywell CT45 XP makes it easy to communicate with dispatchers and drivers, share data in real time, and perform RFID scanning. You also get to optimize routes and get instant support on the road whenever you need it.
- Retail. Optimize your inventory management, enhance customer service, and make checkouts faster by implementing CT45 XP in your retail business. You also get to reduce human error in pricing and stocking.
- Warehousing. Ideal for warehousing settings, the Honeywell CT45 XP offers barcode scanning, real-time communication, durability, and inventory management tools. You can rely on its rugged surface to withstand falls from up to six feet, making its use safe and efficient.
- Manufacturing. The Honeywell CT45 XP is the ideal device to optimize your manufacturing business setting. From in-built software to support manufacturing processes to easy communication features and scanning options, you’ll see improvement in all aspects of the business.
- Fieldwork. Use this tablet for fieldwork and get the most out of its battery life, numerous data capture possibilities and durable design. You can read barcodes and labels and capture important information regardless of your location.
Honeywell CT45 XP Review
We’ve gathered some of our favorite online reviews of the Honeywell CT45 XP in a range of industries.
“Honeywell CT45 XP has truly transformed the way our retail business operates. We’re now able to offer a speedy checkout process and scan new arrivals in seconds, something that took ten times longer when done manually and using primitive technology tools. I’m looking forward to purchasing an additional package of three CT45 XPs so more employees can reap its benefits.”
“I was skeptical about CT45 XP due to its price, but now that I’ve been using the phone for over a year, I can proudly say it was one of the best business decisions I made. I’m a logistics operator and am in constant need of a versatile scanner and communicator device. Honeywell CT45 XP has shown to be all that and more. I no longer have to do manual data capturing and entry, as now it’s all there on the phone. I love it!”
“Our team of five people in the warehousing business each got a Honeywell CT45 XP. We’re proud to say their work productivity has skyrocketed, and they feel more stimulated and experience less burnout. It’s no wonder their work has gotten much faster now that they don’t have to do so much manual work. Automation is revolutionary, and Honeywell CT45 XP is a great tool to get there!”
“If you want to increase your productivity and start loving your job more, get the Honeywell mobile computers. I’m so grateful to find a device that fully matches my needs. If you can get a supplier to give you advice on the right features and accessories, even better. Overall, the CT45 XP is my favorite from the Honeywell rugged tablet lineup because of its day-long battery life and fast processor (I do a lot of multitasking, and it hasn’t failed me once!). I recommend this device to anyone who could use a hand with inventory management in warehousing or retail.”
“I’m thrilled with my new purchase and how it has reshaped the way I do business. I can now offer customers more details about my inventory, make payments a breeze, and communicate with them in real-time when they’re miles away, all from one device. What a time- and money-saving find!”
Power and Batteries
The Honeywell CT45 XP has a 4,020 mAh Li-Ion battery capacity running on 3.85 V. The smart battery has integrated diagnostic tools to help you make the most out of the device with maximum energy efficiency. The battery type is Quick Charge 3.0 compliant and takes less than three hours to fully charge.
Accessories and Add-Ons
The Honeywell CT45 XP comes with tons of accessories and add-ons for a more versatile and functional user experience. The experts at Energy Electronics can advise you on the best upgrades for your specific use case so you can make the most out of the investment. Below is an overview of the available upgrades.
- Scan handle. The scan handle offers additional support to your CT45 XP’s scanning capabilities. Hold the device like a gun for uninterrupted scanning sessions in storage rooms, ticketing events, and more. The unibody design and over-modulated bottom cap will ensure maximum comfort and security for your device.
- Vehicle dock. The vehicle dock accessory is perfect for warehousing and logistics uses. Attach the device to the forklift or another vehicle for hands-free use. Communicate with the team, go over important data, and even capture new information while the CT45 XP lies securely attached to your vehicle.
- Holsters. Get a holster for your rugged computer to carry and protect the device while on the road. The industrial-grade holsters make it a breeze to attach the device to your pants, pocket, or belt as well. Customization options are limitless and are all made to boost your work efficiency and ease of use.
- Hand strap. A hand strap is an ideal upgrade for users who need to keep the CT45 XP around while performing other tasks with their free hand. You can use the hand strap to secure the mobile computer and increase your productivity without having to drop and pick up the device every time you have to do a new scan.
- Spare battery. Make sure your work phone can last through long-hour sessions of extensive use in the field by having a spare battery at hand. Switching the batteries is a breeze, and you won’t even notice the change in workflow. Get an extra battery without thinking if you know you’ll be working outdoors too often with no electrical plugs nearby. You’ll thank us later.
- 4-bay charger. You can charge multiple batteries at once using the 4-bay charger accessory. This upgrade is ideal for business owners who purchase multiple CT45 XP devices but can also serve for one device to charge multiple batteries and have them ready for extensive use.
Talk to an Expert
Honeywell CT45 XP is undoubtedly one of the most powerful and versatile mobile computers. It’s suitable for use in numerous applications, has tons of accessories available, and it’s built with some of the most advanced hardware. You can fully customize and personalize your purchase of this device by contacting Energy Electronics experts. We want to hear your needs and preferences to recommend the best solution. Fill out the short form below to get started, and we’ll get back to you in no more than one business hour.