The Honeywell CN75e is an ultra-rugged mobile computer designed explicitly for field service workers seeking power and performance in a compact design. This incredibly versatile device builds upon its predecessor. The Honeywell CN71, to offer a choice between Android and Windows operating systems. Keep reading to learn more about this high-performing mobile computer that will be any worker’s loyal companion throughout a full-time work shift.
Do you have specific questions about the Honeywell CN75e ? Fill out the form below to talk to an expert. We will respond within 1 business hour.
Through a combination of ruggedness, operational lifespan, ease of use, and exceptional versatility, the ergonomically designed Honeywell CN75e mobile computer scores a perfect 10/10.
|Dimensions||7.66 x 3.15 x 1.34 inches|
|Weight||17.30 ounces (with battery)|
|480 x 640 pixels65,536 (16-bit RGB) colors Hardened Corning Gorilla Glass|
|3.7 V, 4000 mAh ; IEEE 1725 compliant, Li-Ion, removable, rechargeable|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 Android 6.0 Marshmallow with GMS|
|CPU||Texas Instruments 1.5 GHz OMAP 4470dual-core multi-engine processor architecture|
|16 GB Available micro-SD slot for memory cards up to 32 GB|
|Camera||5-megapixel auto-focus color camera with LED flash (rear-facing)|
|Scanning||EA30 high-performance motion-tolerant 2D imager|
On average, a Honeywell CN75e mobile computer costs between $2,800 and $3,700. However, the exact cost depends on various factors, including the configuration, the number of services and accessories included, and the quantity ordered.
For an exact cost per device and the most up-to-date pricing information, it’s best to contact Energy Electronics, a certified Honeywell reseller. Our experts will be able to provide you with an exact quote based on your needs and desires.
You can also check whether you’re eligible for a discount for bulk purchases, giving you a unique opportunity to fully equip your business at once at a highly reasonable price.
Besides cost savings, ordering in bulk streamlines the procurement process. It also ensures each employee receives a device with the same software and configuration, simplifying training and support. Reach out to Energy Electronics for more details.
Pros and Cons
Built to hold its own in the field, the Honeywell CN75e boasts an 8-foot drop rating, an operational temperature between -4 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit, and an IP67 seal rating. The IP67 rating indicates that the device is completely protected against dust and can be submerged up to 40 inches in water for 30 minutes without malfunctioning or suffering damage. The CN75e can also withstand being dropped up to 2,000 times from a 40-inch height onto a hard surface without significant damage or failure.
The ultra-ruggedness of the Honeywell CN75e doesn’t come at the cost of its ergonomics. The device features a sleek design, is relatively lightweight, and is easy to hold and manipulate. As a result, it can be carried comfortably throughout your working hours. Despite impressive computing power that drains a lot of battery, it should last for an entire shift.
In addition, the CN75e features a larger keypad than the CN75, another notable member of the 75 series. The larger keypad design makes this mobile computer better suited for workers with gloves or those using more data input-intensive applications.
This handheld mobile computer offers powerful performance. Deploying the Honeywell CN75e will empower any business to achieve and sustain a highly productive workflow and high accuracy.
Although the advantages of using the Honeywell CN75e far outweigh the disadvantages, there are a few minor downsides to note.
Some users complain about the battery life when pulling double shifts. Namely, the CN75e’s battery is designed to last for a single shift. However, you can take steps to ensure maximum battery life, which we will discuss later.
Other users raise their eyebrows at the price tag for this computer. However, the Honeywell CN75e is a premium device and, as such, comes at a premium price.
Display, Cameras, and Scanners
The features of Honeywell CN75e is a highly durable 480 x 640-pixel display with an LED backlight. The impressive durability results from the Corning Gorilla Glass used for the display. This glass is commonly used for high-end rugged electronic devices as it’s much sturdier and more resistant than traditional glass. In addition, Gorilla Glass is known for its clarity and touch sensitivity.
The display also features an ambient light sensor. This sensor automatically adjusts the LED light’s intensity to ensure the display is readable in any environment. Plus, it helps conserve power.
When it comes to cameras, the Honeywell CN75e is equipped with a 5-megapixel rear-facing color camera. The camera features autofocus and LED flash. You can use it to take pictures, record videos, perform document and signature capture, and read bar codes.
When using the device, you can easily access the camera using the corresponding app in the Favorites tray on the Home screen. All the pictures you take will be stored internally, and you can use the Photos app to organize, edit, and share them with others.
The CN75e mobile computer also features a high-performance imager, the EA30, with fast barcode scanning capabilities. This integrated scanner has a framer and LED illumination, operating even in low-light scanning environments.
Suppose you need the help of powerful cordless scanners, such as Granit 1981i and 1911i. In that case, you can use Bluetooth capabilities to connect your CN75e to these scanners.
Operating System and Programs
The is built on the company’s proprietary Mobility Edge software platform, Honeywell CN75e offers increased security, optimized business performance, and impressive durability.
When purchasing the CN75e, you can choose between an Android and a Windows operating system. If you choose Android, you’ll receive the Android 6.0 Marshmallow system that offers more control over security and privacy. Those who opt for Windows will enjoy the Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 operating system. This system is designed specifically for mobile devices and enterprise use and features extensive mobile device management (MDM) capabilities.
Regardless of the chosen system, the Honeywell CN75e can support numerous software applications, including standalone, browser-based, and client-server apps. By default, Honeywell provides several applications for configuring, troubleshooting, and connecting your mobile computer to other devices and networks. Here are some of the most commonly used ones:
- SmartSystems Foundation: provides an integrated center for hands-free deployment and management of CN75e devices on-site or remotely. This component is compatible with leading third-party device management tools.
- ScanNGo: allows easy barcode-based device provisioning.
- CloneNGo: enables simple device cloning, eliminating the use of a management console.
- Device Health Monitoring: keeps vital subsystems, such as scanning, battery life, and communications, in check and under control.
You can also visit the Honeywell website to download additional applications to make the most out of your CN75e. Note that running some apps might require purchasing a license.
How to Purchase Honeywell CN75e
Due to all the possibilities the Honeywell CN75e offers, even tech-savvy users might need help choosing the proper configuration. For this reason, consulting an expert before making a purchasing decision is a must. Talk with one of our Honeywell experts at Energy Electronics, and bid any confusion farewell. These experienced professionals will guide you through the purchasing process, from shaping the device to your unique needs to getting it into the hands of your employees.
Markets and Applications
This computer features a long-lasting battery, a robust and vivid touch screen, and a highly accurate scan engine, making it the ideal solution for businesses that require dependable and high-performing devices. With this in mind, it’s no wonder the Honeywell CN75e mobile computer is renowned for its ability to meet even the most challenging business demands of various industries.
- Retail. It can help streamline operations both in-store and in the back room. The device can be used for inventory management, price checking, and as a point-of-sale (POS) device.
- E-commerce. The e-commerce industry comes with unique requirements and challenges, many of which can be handled using the CN75e. With this powerful device, you can optimize almost every e-commerce process, from receiving orders, picking and packing them to shipping and delivery and handling potential returns.
- Warehousing and distribution. With its no-compromise design and powerful performance, the CN75e can easily keep pace with highly demanding environments like warehouses and distribution centers. This handy device can help with inventory management, order picking, shipping and receiving, quality control, and asset tracking.
- Transportation. Either handheld or mounted in a vehicle, the CN75e can be a lifesaver for transportation workers. It can help them optimize their route, communicate with the dispatcher and other drivers, perform safety inspections, and track packages and shipments in real-time.
- Manufacturing. it is suitable for various manufacturing environments. It can streamline manufacturing operations, including maintenance, repair, and work-in-process (WIP) tracking.
- Healthcare. Handheld mobile computers like the Honeywell CN75e make it easier for healthcare workers to provide superior care to patients and manage and access their data seamlessly. The CN75e can also track medical supplies and equipment and facilitate communication between healthcare professionals, allowing them to share information and collaborate more effectively.
Honeywell CN75e Review
“The Honeywell CN75e is a great tool for anyone working in retail, especially on the sales floor. As someone working in a busy department store, I can tell you this device has been a lifesaver since the very first day. The scanner is super accurate and a major time saver, as I can quickly scan items and move on to the next customer. The rugged construction is also a plus.
The device is simple to use and helps me go through my deliveries more quickly and efficiently, which is crucial in my line of work.”
“I work in a hospital and go nowhere without my trusty CN75e. This means any relevant patient data or medical information also goes with me. This makes it much easier to make informed decisions about medications, treatment plans, or whatever is necessary on the go. Also, I love that I don’t have to worry about protecting my device at all times, as the common liquids found in a healthcare setting can’t harm it.”
“Everyone on my manufacturing floor has recently received this device. I love it so far. We make fewer mistakes, and we’re always on the same page. Plus, it takes me less time to complete some mundane tasks. I recommend it for sure.”
Power and Batteries
The mobile computer Honeywell CN75e is equipped with smart battery technology that provides enough power for an entire work shift, thus eliminating downtime.
If you need to work longer, you can preserve battery power by activating the Suspend mode on your CN75e. This mode automatically shuts off all radios and inactive tools. If you have a charged battery ready to replace your current battery, make sure to place the CN75e in the Hibernate mode before making the swap. Always store the substitute battery in a charger to keep it at peak performance.
Note that the device ships with a partially charged battery, so you’ll have to charge it fully before using it for the first time. The battery should be charged with a 75 series charging device for at least six hours.
Accessories and Add-ons
While the Honeywell CN75e performs great on its own, purchasing additional accessories can make its uses almost limitless. Honeywell manufactures numerous accessories and add-ons, and chances are you won’t need every single one for your CN75e. So, it’s best to consult an expert first and determine which additions are necessary for your industry and which are only a nice-to-have.
Take a look at some of the most commonly used accessories and add-ons for the Honeywell CN75e, which can turn your device into a comprehensive enterprise business solution.
- Vehicle dock: provides power, connectivity, and hold to your CN75e while you’re using it in a vehicle.
- Vehicle holder: retains your mobile computer in your vehicle but doesn’t allow any connectivity like the vehicle dock.
- Snap-on adaptors: allow connectivity to the Ethernet, a DSD receiving system, RS-232 serial communications, and audio and voice applications, depending on the type.
- Removable scan handle: angles your CN75e to allow viewing the screen during high-volume scanning applications.
- Magnetic stripe reader: reads cards with magnetic stripes, such as credit cards.
- PW50 workboard printer: pairs with your device via Bluetooth for printing, retaining, and charging applications.
- Holster: stores your mobile computer when you need your hands free.
- Desktop stand: positions your CN75e upright on a flat surface.
Whatever accessories and add-ons you need, you should only use Honeywell products. Otherwise, you can cause damage to your CN75e that won’t be covered by the warranty.
Talk to an Expert
The product is a highly versatile device that can meet ever-changing business demands, no matter how challenging they might seem. To ensure you select the correct configuration for your business, talk to one of our experts first. Fill in the contact form below, and our Honeywell experts will get back to you as soon as possible, within business hours. A simple message is all it takes to start your journey toward equipping your employees with the best of the best in the mobile computer industry.