If you’re looking to take your productivity to the next level with a top-shelf device, the Getac ZX10 is an excellent choice. The gadget features an ultra-rugged design that can survive extreme temperatures, drops, and moisture. Plus, the super-fast CPU powers even the most demanding operations. Let’s take a closer look at the ZX10.
Do you have specific questions about the Getac ZX10? Fill out the form below to talk to an expert. We will respond within 1 business hour.
Getac ZX10 Product Ranking
The Getac ZX10 is a 10/10 rugged tablet. It’s a well-balanced model with top-of-the-line internals and externals. You get a remarkable processor and lots of RAM to enhance multitasking, whereas the Android 11 integration helps create a smooth interface. Furthermore, the display is particularly admirable, as it’s powered by sophisticated technologies. Other parts of the device are also exceptional, including the optional scanner, batteries, and cameras.
Getac ZX10 Specifications
|Weight||36.64 Ounces (With Battery)|
|Dimensions||10.8 x 7.56 x 0.7 Inches|
|Battery||Li-Ion 3.8V 8,480mAH|
|CPU||Octa-Core 1.95GHz-2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 (Depending on Your Configuration)|
|RAM||4GB/6GB (Depending on Your Configuration)|
|Flash Memory||64GB/128GB (Expandable with a Micro-SD Card)|
|Camera||16MP Rear Camera8MP Front Camera|
|Scanning||Optional 1D/2D RFID Scanner|
|Network Connections||Wi-Fi 802.11ac4G LTEBluetooth|
Getac ZX10 Pricing
You can buy the Getac ZX10 for approximately $1,200-$1,700. The price range is so wide because you can order the device in several configurations. The more features your model has, the higher the cost. If you want to get an accurate quote, reach out to Energy Electronics. We can work with you to determine the suitable specifications and tell you the exact price of your rugged tablet.
Pros and Cons
When you get your hands on the ZX10, you’ll immediately notice the industry-leading build quality. The tablet doesn’t look very durable, but there’s more to it than meets the eye. It’s almost entirely made of metal, and you get a thick magnesium frame extending all over the device.
Such construction allows you to use the rugged tablet in practically all working conditions. You can utilize it at temperatures ranging between -25 and 145 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s also sealed according to IP66 standards, meaning water, dust, and other particles aren’t a threat.
Furthermore, this device is Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS)-compliant. This means no hazardous substances are used in the production of the gadget.
Complementing the next-level sturdiness are reliable communication solutions. The manufacturer has mounted all antennas outside your magnesium frame to reduce the risk of interference. As a result, you can talk to your team effortlessly, whether they work indoors or out in the field.
The communication software is just as good as the hardware. The gadget comes with dual-band Wi-Fi, which is three times faster than standard solutions.
In addition, the device boasts dependable GNSS support. It works with multiple satellites, which translates into better performance and smoother communication in areas with limited coverage.
As for the speed, there’s not much else to ask from the ZX10. At its highest configuration, the device delivers an octa-core 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor to support smooth performance.
When it comes to memory capacity, the device performs great in both aspects. The standard model comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of flash memory to facilitate seamless multitasking and store essential files.
Operation System and Programs
There’s no need to take a chance with outdated devices when the Getac ZX10 is readily available. One of the features that make it ideal for modern industries is its operating system. The model boasts Android 11, which has streamlined enterprise privacy, security, and functionality including:
- One-time permissions
- Permission auto-resets
- Privacy and security fixes on Google Play
- Limited location sharing
- Shared storage limitations
In addition, Getac rolls out their two proprietary suites with this device: OEMConfig and deployXpress. The former helps you tweak some settings:
- Device settings – antenna, display, barcode scanner, GNSS, microphone, power, torch, physical buttons, sound and vibration, USB, SD card
- System settings – navigation bar, driving mode, date and time, quick settings panel, image and app updates, firmware over-the-air version updates and update scheduler, enterprise reset
- Network settings – Wi-Fi, mobile networks, VPNs, APNs
The deployXpress tools are just as helpful:
- Android configuration and automated deployment – These allow you to pre-set your devices within minutes and configure them by scanning the QR codes of your ZX10s. They speed up deployment and lower the risk of mistakes associated with manual setups.
- Factory configuration and firmware updates – The ZX10 lets you customize your factory settings for smooth maintenance and handover. Furthermore, you get total control over your updates to safeguard against cyber threats and raise efficiency.
- Device grouping and over-the-air management – You can group your ZX10s for easier configuration, deployment, updates, and management. Also, over-the-air management enables you to remotely add and manage your applications for greater productivity.
Display, Cameras, and Scanners
The display is one of the strongest suits of this rugged tablet. It boasts a 10.1-inch 1920×1200 screen, giving you just over 200 pixels for every inch.
Another great thing about the display is that it’s sunlight-readable. This enables you to use the model throughout your shifts without straining your eyes.
Furthermore, Getac has equipped the ZX10 with proprietary LumiBond 2.0 technology. It offers tremendous color saturation, accuracy, viewing angles, and contrast.
In terms of the cameras, few other tablets match the quality of the ZX10. The rear camera is particularly admirable, as it features 16MP. If you take pictures in the 4:3 aspect ratio, you’ll get about 4,600×3,450 pixels each and every time.
There are many other customization options in your camera app. For instance, you can tweak the grid, angle display, double-tap functionality, and timer from your settings menu. Here are a few other convenient features:
- Add time and date
- Include text and GPS coordinates in your images
- Turn timer beep and shutter sounds on or off
- Add prefixes, compass directions, and location data to your files for easier management
- Elevate screen brightness
- Change file paths, JPEG quality, and incorporate QR code scans
- Set exposure compensation and weight balance
- Activate or deactivate the photo stamp and on-screen zoom slider
Combined with the industry-leading pixel count, these features enable you to customize your multimedia experience. You can take images and videos of virtually any document without worrying about blurry or shadowy content.
Finally, you can get the ZX10 with an RFID scanner. It’s an optional addition, but be sure to add it if you’re a warehousing, retail, manufacturing, or healthcare company. Other organizations can benefit from this technology, too, such as transportation and logistics.
How to Purchase
Even though the Getac ZX10 is a phenomenal rugged tablet, it can be hard to buy the appropriate specifications for your business. You might not know the exact functions you need to elevate your enterprise. You need to consult someone before the purchase.
That someone is Energy Electronics. Contact our tech experts today, and we’ll tell you what features you should look for in your ZX10. At the end of the consultation, you’ll know precisely which configuration works best for your business.
Markets and Applications
The ZX10 has practically endless applications:
- Military advantage for the defense industry – The ZX10 makes mission-critical information readily accessible. It allows your tactical teams to revisit their strategies and communicate the changes to other members in real-time.
- Perfect for the oil and gas industry – There are numerous benefits of the ZX10 for the oil and gas industry. As the companies in this area are exposed to harsh conditions, the device is perfect due to its rugged design. It can withstand exposure to noxious substances without a hitch.
- Match made in heaven for police officers – If you need a reliable gadget for your police work, you won’t find a better option than the ZX10. The display and high-level security elevate your operations and improve safety.
- Major asset for healthcare professionals – If you drop your ZX10 on the floor of your hospital, it’s not the end of the world. In fact, you need only pick the device up, brush it off with a standard cloth, and it’s ready to go. Moreover, its chemical resistance is a huge boon, as it reduces the risk of contamination.
- Excellent choice in the automotive industry – Vehicle diagnostics can be a breeze with the ZX10. It’s compatible with a wide range of software you may use as an auto industry specialist. More importantly, the rugged body is virtually impervious to dust, spills, shocks, and drops that are common in your workplace. Temperature resistance is also helpful here.
Getac ZX10 Review
If you add the ZX10 to your workplace, you’ll never look back. The gadget will serve you great in the most extreme circumstances, just as it has done for thousands of customers already:
“My ZX10 has 64GB of flash memory and 4GB of RAM. I considered the higher configuration, but honestly, there’s no need to go any higher. The device is fast enough to handle my inventory management, and I can always add additional storage with a MicroSD card.”
“The ZX10 shows the fully rugged technology in the best light possible. It’s a tough model that endures extreme indoor and outdoor conditions I regularly expose it to.”
“What I like the most about the ZX10 is that it’s rugged, and I can use it with practically anything. Whether I go for my fingers, gloves, or stylus, the display is responsive and crisp.”
Power and Batteries
Despite being incredibly rugged, the ZX10 is incredibly thin. At just 0.7 inches thick, it’s one of the thinnest rugged tablets on the market. The biggest reason behind such a user-friendly design is the compact batteries that sit in the back of your gadget. They’re barely over 0.25 inches thick, which is a dramatic improvement over bulky batteries found in some other models.
Each battery has 4,990mAh and 19.16, putting the total capacity at nearly 40 watt-hours. It’s lower than some other devices in the Getac collection but eclipses the capacity of most competitors. The units deliver enough power for full-shift operations, eliminating the need to recharge your device as frequently. In some cases, you can even use your ZX10 for nearly 20 hours straight, accommodating multiple shifts.
But even if the standard batteries don’t do the trick, you can expand your runtime with an optional 9,980mAH model.
Accessories and Add-Ons
You can add a variety of accessories to your Getac ZX10 to make it more functional. Reach out to Energy Electronics, and we can help you select the right add-ons. Some of your best options include:
- 2-point shoulder strap if you prefer carrying your ZX10 on either shoulder
- 4-point shoulder harness if you want to use your entire upper body as the harness
- Screen protection film for better resistance to scratches
- Multi-bay charger for charging eight devices simultaneously
- Carry bag for safer transport
Talk to an Expert
If you’re looking for a top-rated device to streamline your workplace, the ZX10 is a fantastic pick. It boasts countless admirable qualities to optimize your operations.
The best way to determine the exact functions you need in your device and receive an accurate quote is to contact Energy Electronics. We’ll respond within 1 business hour.