The Getac T800 is a fully rugged tablet designed to withstand extreme working environments. With its 8.1-inch screen, ergonomic design, and class-leading battery life, this tablet is easy to hold and lasts through even the longest shifts. Powered by a mighty Intel processor, the T800 is perfect for staying productive on the go. Keep reading to get to know the Getac T800 in more detail.
Do you have specific questions about the Zebra T800? Fill out the form below to talk to an expert. We will respond within 1 business hour.
The T800 is one of the toughest tablets in Getac’s lineup. Considering its performance, versatility, and ease of use, this tablet scores a solid 9/10.
|Operating System||Windows 10 Pro|
|600-nit LumiBond display with Getac sunlight readable technology and a protection film8.1 inches, 1280 x 800|
|Dimension||8.93 x 5.94 x 0.94 inches|
|5-megapixel FHD webcam8-megapixel rear-facing camera|
|AC Adapter (65W, 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz)Li-Ion battery (7.4V, 4200 mAh)|
|Intel Atom Processor x7-Z87501.6GHz-2.56GHz|
|Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth v5.24G LTE mobile broadband and base-T Ethernet optional|
On average, the Getac T800 costs between $1,200 and $1,500. However, this price range can fluctuate significantly due to the numerous upgrades available for this device.
The Getac T800 is fully customizable. For instance, you can add 4G LTE, upgrade the memory, or purchase a smart card reader add-on. Naturally, the more upgrades and add-ons you request, the costlier the device gets. However, look at the final price as a wise investment in an advanced device that completely matches your needs and desires.
If you already have some upgrades in mind, contact Energy Electronics, a certified reseller of the Getac T800, to get an exact quote for your configuration. Even if you aren’t sure where to start, the Getac experts at Energy Electronics can help you build a model to account for all your needs.
Once you’ve found or built the best tablet for your business, our sales reps can get you a quote for bulk orders. Ordering in bulk will save you time and effort, ensure consistency across multiple business locations or departments, and result in significant cost savings. Reach out to Energy Electronics to learn more.
Pros and Cons
The Getac T800 is one of the few fully rugged Windows 8.1-inch tablets on the market. As such, it already stands out among its competitors. However, this handy device comes with numerous other benefits.
Firstly, Getac has significantly increased the security features of this model. The T800 features TPM (Trusted Platform Module) 2.0 technology, which protects the data used to authenticate your T800.
In addition, the T800 offers robust multi-factor authentication. It also supports Windows 10 security features that help protect the device against known and emerging malicious threats. These features include BitLocker hard drive encryption.
Since the inside of the T800 is fully protected, Getac had to ensure that the outside could keep up. The manufacturer surpassed these expectations, making the T800 one of the toughest tablets in its lineup.
What’s more, the T800 has been certified to military-grade standards. These certifications include MIL-STD-810H, the test standard used to determine if a product can withstand demanding environmental conditions, and IP65, reserved for devices with the highest dust protection level and the ability to withstand low-pressure water jets from all directions.
You can even request optional certifications for uses in potentially explosive surroundings.
The Getac T800 can operate in extreme temperatures, ranging from -6 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit. So, no matter where your job takes you, this device will remain your faithful companion.
When it comes to the T800’s downsides, there isn’t much to note.
Some users might find the device too bulky and heavy for an 8-inch tablet. Although the T800 is designed to fit ergonomically in one hand, it significantly differs from standard tablets with similar screen sizes.
Display, Cameras, and Scanners
When it comes to the T800’s display, the device uses Getac’s proprietary LumiBond 2.0 technology. This revolutionary technology offers many benefits, resulting in enhanced contrast and crisper colors compared to traditional rugged tablet displays. More importantly, this technology minimizes glare, making the T800’s display readable even in direct sunlight. And, of course, usability in a wide range of conditions and settings is a must for a rugged tablet.
The T800’s screen has a matte finish to ensure it’s easily readable indoors too. The LumiBond 2.0 technology, combined with a pre-fitted screen protector, makes the screen scratch-resistant and more durable, on par with the rest of the device.
The 8.1-inch screen has a 1280 x 800-pixel resolution and a bright 600-nit backlight and employs capacitive multi-touch technology. The latter means that the screen recognizes multiple points of contact simultaneously. Thanks to several touch modes, you can use the device even with gloves on or wet hands. You can use the provided stylus or the optional active digitizer for more accurate inputs.
The Getac T800 doesn’t have an integrated scanner. However, the available add-on scanner performs significantly better than a software-based solution. This industrial-grade scanner provides better speed and distance, omnidirectional rotation, and low-light sensitivity.
As for the cameras, the T800 model features two. The front-facing camera is a 5-megapixel webcam with full 1080p HD resolution. It’s primarily used for video calls. The rear-facing camera is 8 megapixels and comes with autofocus capabilities.
Operating System and Programs
By default, the Getac T800 runs on Windows 10 Pro. It supports all Windows security and Microsoft authentication tools, including Microsoft Passport.
The model has some pre-installed software, including the Getac Utility and Barcode Manager. However, Getac also offers various optional software programs to install on your device. These include:
- Absolute Persistence: provides continuous endpoint security and data protection
- Absolute DDS: allows your T800 to be disabled remotely if the device gets stolen
- Driving Safety Utility: reduces visual and manual distractions on the move, helping drivers stay focused and keeping them safe
- KeyWedge Barcode Reader Utility: scans barcode data with the T800’s built-in rear-facing camera
- VGPS Utility: replicates the physical GPS data to multiple virtual COM ports, ensuring operational efficiency
- Device Monitoring System (GDMS): tracks and monitors deployed T800s, spotting potential device issues
The T800 includes cutting-edge Wi-Fi capabilities for fast data transfer. However, it can also be configured with 4G LTE cellular data settings.
How to Purchase Getac T800
Since the Getac T800 is fully customizable, you should consult an expert before making a final purchasing decision. The Getac experts at Energy Electronics will be happy to help you choose the most suitable device configuration for your needs. We’ll guide you through the entire purchasing process until these handy devices are in your and your team’s hands.
Markets and Applications
The Getac T800 model was explicitly designed with extreme working environments in mind. As such, it’s highly beneficial for numerous industries requiring more power and flexibility than a consumer-grade tablet can offer. These industries include:
- Defense. The Getac T800 model is a valuable tool in the defense industry because it’s built to military standards. It can be used in every defensive task, from training and mission planning to command and control.
- Public safety. Multiple public safety departments frequently use the Getac T800 for reliable real-time information during emergencies. The fire department can use the device for incident planning and as a command center during an emergency.
- Utilities. The T800 can boost productivity and improve efficiency in the utility industry. This versatile device aids in on-site safety, workforce management, surveying and mapping, smart meter readings and installation, and asset management.
- Transportation and logistics. With the highly integrated solutions the T800 offers, you can easily streamline your company’s transportation and logistics operations.
- Industrial manufacturing. The T800 can be used in industrial manufacturing for inventory and facility management, even in hazardous and explosive environments.
- Automotive. The Getac T800 is highly beneficial throughout the automotive value chain, from boosting productivity during research and development, testing, and production to performing health checks on electronic vehicles and providing technical repair and maintenance information to the manufacturer.
- Natural resources. The T800 can be used even in extreme weather conditions and hazardous environments. As such, it’s perfect for safety checks in underground mining, surveying and planning in foresting, and data collection and fleet management in surface mining.
Getac T800 Review
Thanks to its impressive range of features and performance, the Getac T800 has mostly been met with positive user reviews. Here are some of our favorite reviews across different industries:
“I work in railroad management, and we use the T800 every day, primarily to track assets and field workers. The tablet works like a charm, no matter what the weather is like or how challenging it is to reach the tracks or the rail car that needs attention. The same goes for connectivity. We never lose it, even when on a video call outdoors.”
“We have these tablets in our shop. My technicians use them to diagnose issues with the dropped-off vehicles. The tablet always gets to the root of the issues, whether electrical or mechanical. We also use it to log in data afterward. Great tablet, sturdy. No oil spills and dust can stop it.”
“My hospital introduced these tablets for emergency services a few weeks ago, and they have drastically changed our everyday operation. I’m a paramedic and use it to read patient data en route. This saves me tons of time on scene and prepares me better. We sanitize the devices regularly and have no issues or disruptions. Sometimes we pull off a double shift and change the battery only once.”
“I’m a dispatcher for a utility company and use this Getac tablet to schedule workers, divide up assignments based on the condition in the field, and for reporting. I can always see where my team is and communicate with them instantly. Highly recommended!”
“We have these nifty gadgets in our warehouse. We use them in many different ways. I have one mounted on my forklift and have no trouble dismounting it when needed.”
Power and Batteries
The Getac T800 has a 4200-mAh Li-Ion battery that lasts around eight hours. If you need your tablet to work longer, you can remove the battery from the back and fit in a second battery, courtesy of Getac’s SnapBack system.
As the name suggests, the SnapBack add-ons don’t require any tools; they simply snap on. The additional battery will provide another eight hours of operation, doubling the T800’s runtime.
Both batteries feature a touch-responsive LED strip indicating the remaining charge percentage. This nifty feature allows you to replace the battery quickly, preventing downtime. On top of that, you can replace the battery without turning off the tablet, eliminating downtime altogether.
Accessories and Add-Ons
Besides numerous laptops, tablets, and software tools, Getac Rugged Computing Solutions manufactures various versatile accessories. Some of these accessories are mutually exclusive due to the number of available ports on the T800.
We suggest consulting with an expert to avoid getting overwhelmed by your choices or purchasing add-ons in vain. Our Getac expert can help you select accessories your business and industry truly need, thus building a highly functional device in every regard.
By default, the T800 model comes with an AC adapter, a capacitive stylus with a tether, and a battery. Here are some of the most popular optional add-ons for the Getac T800 tablet:
- SmartCard reader: supports Smart Cards for secure identity verification
- SnapBack extension battery: provides your T800 with extra battery power
- Eight-bay charger: charges up to eight T800s simultaneously. You can also purchase multi-bay chargers for two or six devices.
- Office dock AC adapter: provides multiple input and output ports for connecting crucial peripheral devices in the office environment
- Vehicle adapter: provides a convenient way to charge and power your T800 while on the road
- Digitizer pen: allows you to enter data and handwritten signature more accurately and easily
- Hand, shoulder, and wrist straps: offer a more convenient and secure way to hold your T800
Talk to an Expert
The Getac T800 is a reliable choice for any demanding environment where rugged features are essential. Fill in the form below to get your hands on this rugged device. Our sales reps will respond as soon as possible, within business hours. Then, you can start choosing the best configuration for your industry, our knowledgeable and experienced experts helping you every step of the way.