Almasons is one of the most popular options for warehouse management solutions. From voice picking and electronic signatures to augmented reality headsets, they provide several technologies to streamline your workflows, but are they the right fit for your business? You’ll find out in this in-depth Almasons review.
Do you want to understand how Almasons works and if it’s a good fit for your company? Fill out our contact form and we will respond within one business hour.
- What Is Almasons?
- What Does Almasons Offer?
- GiNi Voice-Directed Workflows
- GiNi eSign for Supply Chain
- Consult with an Expert
What Is Almasons?
Almasons has made a name in warehouse management solutions (WMS). The organization has helped many businesses transform operations by simplifying order picking and product finding. Almasons clients come from different industries, including power distribution, healthcare, electronic manufacturing, and food processing.
Among other things, Almasons specializes in SAP supply chain management. The company has created a variety of SAP-licensed products to optimize warehouse management, help businesses reduce costs, and increase efficiency. If you need to simplify various parts of your warehouse management without overhauling your management system or other software/hardware, Almasons can be a good choice.
In short, if you’re companies needs them, Almasons is one of the best advancements in the world of warehouse management.
What Does Almasons Offer?
Almasons offers a wide range of WMS to help improve your productivity and profitability. There are many solutions to choose from, but the three main products are the GiNi Platform, GiNi Voice-Directed Workflows, and GiNi eSign for Supply Chain. Let’s take a closer look at each technology.
Almasons GiNi Platform is a fleet of programs you can integrate into your existing software. Whether you have a customer relationship management (CRM) system, transportation management system (TMS), enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution, or all of them, you can use the Platform to take it to the next level.
What stands out about the GiNi Platform is its comprehensive design. It covers pretty much every stage of your supply chain, including manufacturing, warehousing, production, distribution, retail, and wholesale.
Not only that, but the programs even monitor your workflows. They can collect real-time insights into productivity, resource allocation, and other critical aspects. From there, Almasons enables you to fine-tune each application to align with your company guidelines.
There are four areas of functionality in Almasons GiNi Platform:
- Technology Connectors – GiNi isn’t a legacy system. On the contrary, it can be connected to a wide variety of advanced technologies to skyrocket your productivity. Some of these technologies include next-gen material handling gear and augmented reality devices.
- Enterprise System Integration – What makes the GiNi Platform business-friendly is that it doesn’t require you to replace or overhaul existing applications. It’s compatible with virtually any CRM, WMS, ERP, and TMS.
- Workflow Extensions – Almasons has configured GiNi to extend your workflows, allowing your employees to perform various tasks faster. Some areas that rely on Almasons’ Workflow Extensions include transportation and logistics, manufacturing, warehousing, packing, shipping, field operations, and retail.
- Performance Intelligence – Even the most sophisticated WMS is of little use if you can’t measure how your team is responding to it. Thankfully, the GiNi Platform doesn’t have this problem. It comes with performance-tracking solutions that collect productivity data using detailed heatmaps and dashboards.
GiNi Voice-Directed Workflows
The next major product in Almasons’ portfolio is GiNi Voice-Directed Workflows. These eyes-free and hands-free systems utilize intelligent voice agents and advanced speech recognition programs to guide your employees through their projects.
You can adopt this solution at practically any business stage, but most enterprises use it for product picking. Voice product picking enables you to choose products for shipment without wasting time looking for them on smartphones or computers. Instead, GiNi’s voice-picking features instruct you with clear voice controls to ensure faster and more accurate selection.
Like most voice-picking solutions, Gini’s software works
- Integration – You incorporate GiNi Voice-Directed Workflows (voice picking) with your ERP or WMS, from which GiNi receives orders and information on where to find products corresponding to those orders.
- Equipping staff – The next step is to provide your warehouse workers with industrial-grade headphones and a microphone connected to the device that runs GiNi.
- Creating work assignments – GiNi utilizes the data from your WMS or ERP to create assignments and distribute them to your warehouse pickers.
- Starting the work – The system provides your team with clear instructions, telling them what to do, where to go, and how many items to pick. For example, if a product is in bin A-10, GiNi will say something like “Alpha-10.”
- Confirmation – Your employees confirm they’ve picked up the right product(s) by speaking into the microphone. GiNi usually requires your workers to confirm where they picked the product and the unique code associated with each product.
- Repetition – GiNi guides your team to complete the rest of the order, optimizing their routes along the way to reduce travel and increase productivity.
- Data collection and reporting – You and other supervisors can monitor the interaction between GiNi and your team to keep track of orders on the go. Finally, GiNi can be incorporated into other enterprise applications for reporting and performance analytics.
GiNi decreases the reliance on smartphones, tablets, or computers when picking orders. It also means your team doesn’t have to haul piles of paper when choosing products. The software does the hard work for them, so your employees need only focus on physically grabbing items according to GiNi’s instructions.
Fewer devices and documents also lead to fewer workplace distractions. Rather than let your employees drift off with a YouTube video when picking orders and making a mistake, you eliminate this option altogether. GiNi only provides warehouse-related instructions to reduce distractions and ensure accuracy.
If your workers have to pick products while looking at screens, they can easily trip and injure themselves. Even worse, they may need to use box cutters, which can be hard if one of the hands is busy. GiNi frees up your employees’ hands and eyes to lower the risk of injuries.
Happier Customers and Employees
Accurate GiNi-supported order picking can also contribute to higher customer satisfaction. Additionally, it creates safer work conditions, which makes your staff happier and incentivizes them to be more productive.
Less Time Spent on Training
Traditional product picking usually requires operators to master data entry, complicated paperwork, applying labels, and other time-consuming aspects. All of which require extensive training. GiNi can help bring your workers up to speed faster – you only need to show your team how to use the software.
GiNi eSign for Supply Chain
Another Almasons product you can consider is GiNi eSign for Supply Chain. It’s an electronic signature solution that allows you to sign documents from nearly any device. All it takes is to pair it up with your WMS, ERP, or point-of-sale (POS)
, solution, and you’re good to go.
The most attractive feature of GiNi eSign is that it’s ready to deploy. This means you won’t have to do any coding to configure the system, allowing you to utilize it from day one.
The benefits of this program extend beyond its ease of use:
GiNi has many security features to prevent unauthorized parties from signing documents on your behalf. For instance, Almasons can configure the software to require multi-step authentication before signing. This way, malicious parties can’t access your credentials or infect your devices with malware.
Another impressive feature of GiNi eSign is that it speeds up the signature process for your business documents. It eliminates the need to draft, scan, or print papers for signatures. It receives all the information it needs through your enterprise software. All that’s left for you is to sign the document.
If you have a document management solution, you can integrate it with GiNi eSign to optimize your workflows. For example, reusable forms and templates for legal documents can be improved with GiNi eSign. It handles the signature stage, so you don’t have to print documents and slow down your management solutions.
Almasons takes information security seriously, which is why the GiNi eSign software comes with audit trails. The program alerts you whenever someone edits the document after your signature. As such, it helps keep the unauthorized user from causing further damage and lowers the risk of data leaks.
Document Versatility Ensured
’s’ electronic signature software is compatible with a wide array of documents. You can use it to sign invoices, delivery confirmations, proof of delivery, court documents, and any other paper.
Carbon Footprint Reduced
GiNi eSign is an excellent choice for any enterprise that wants to reduce its carbon footprint. Adopting a digital signing solution minimizes the need to print documents, lowering paper waste.
Multiple Devices Supported
If you’re looking for an e-sign program accessible from any device, that’s exactly what GiNi eSign provides. The software is compatible with Android smartphones, iPhones, RFID gadgets, laptops, and virtually any other device that contains digital documents.
Remove Access Enabled
You can deploy and manage GiNi eSign remotely, saving you time and money. More importantly, the rest of your team can also access the software remotely due to its cloud-based nature.
Is Almasons Right for You?
Almasons has made a difference for many organizations transforming their warehouse management and other operations. Its state-of-the-art software is relatively easy to use and secure, allowing employees to complete daily duties more efficiently. Furthermore, some household names, including Honeywell, Datalogic, and ScanSource, have chosen Almasons as their go-to business partner.
The key question is, should you become one of them and do business with Almasons? It’s hard to provide a definitive answer. Given the different ways these solutions can improve your enterprise, it may seem like a no-brainer, but it may not be for everyone.
For example, although their software is beneficial, it’s not free. The price can be too high if you’re a startup and want to access the most advanced versions of Almasons’ programs.
To find out for sure if Almasons is the right company for you, reach out to Energy Electronics. We’re experts in computing solutions and have consulted for hundreds of businesses. Choosing the right solution for your enterprise can be challenging, but we’re here to advise you on whether or not Almasons would be a good fit.
Fill out the form below to get started, and we’ll quickly get back to you to help you make an informed decision about working with Almasons. We will respond within one business hour.